New Agent - Generating Leads, Finding a Niche, Etc

Do you guys feel that door to door has a better success rate than cold calling? When would be the best time to go Door to Door if you are doing P/C? Thank you!

Why don't you use fresh exclusive calling? Try lead generation companies which get leads from search engines, organic search. Or too high prices for you?

Why don't you use fresh exclusive calling? Try lead generation companies which get leads from search engines, organic search. Or too high prices for you?

I think it is to high of price for me for the quality that I am seeing, but I have never tried that company you mentioned. Mostly the garbage companies out there QuoteWizard, Insureme, etc.

I understand that you have to take them all with a grain of salt but I find them quite terrible. To be honest with you all I want is a lead source that brings in enough where I break even or come out a little ahead because I know I am in the green on renewal.

Anything you would recommend?

I think it is to high of price for me for the quality that I am seeing, but I have never tried that company you mentioned. Mostly the garbage companies out there QuoteWizard, Insureme, etc.

I understand that you have to take them all with a grain of salt but I find them quite terrible. To be honest with you all I want is a lead source that brings in enough where I break even or come out a little ahead because I know I am in the green on renewal.

Try this one Insurance Leads for Agents and then tell me, how quality source is that.

QuoteWizard is bad? I was thinking about giving them a try, I'm not P&C though.

----------

Try this one Insurance Leads for Agents and then tell me, how quality source is that.

Is this a scam? Even the "satisfied customers" look fake

Hi DHK,

Great tips you provided on your post. I have a quick question.
My wife started working for a company that sells supplemental insurance. She is a 2-15 licensed employee and not an independent agent.

I was wondering, how much can she advertise on her own without getting in trouble with the company. I mean, perhaps having her own blog, prospecting on Linkedin, etc. Also, I am in the IT industry and I believe I can help her a lot. I would like for her to get a CRM so she can keep track of every lead but I wasn't sure if this is something that could get her in trouble.
Last but not least, I was wondering, since you worked for combined, if you could help me come up with an elevator speech that would define what she does. Of course, she can target consumers and businesses I guess the speech should mention this.

Thanks for your help.

vtech

As an employee, she probably can't do much. However, there are a few guidelines for any advertising or marketing that I would always follow:
1) Keep product specifics very vague. Don't use the name of the policy, dollar amounts to be paid, etc.
2) Don't advertise any rates for any product.
3) Don't advertise any %'s for any product.

My own marketing is conceptual and planning in nature, so it's easy to keep everything simple and not needing a compliance review. Supplemental insurance... not as easy.

A CRM won't be a problem... until she leaves the company. As an employee, all that information belongs to her employer and there is typically a 1-2 year non-solicitation clause that would then go into effect.

The "elevator pitch" I used was quite simple:

"You know with health insurance, it pays the doctors and hospitals when you get sick or hurt? Well, our policies pay YOU. I'd like just 15 minutes to show you what we do, and then you can judge it from there."

or

"You know with the increasing costs of the Affordable Care Act that most people have had a hard time to meet deductibles when they get sick or hurt? Well, we have policies that can help "bridge the gap" so you can have great coverage for less. I'd need just 15 minutes to show you what we do, and you can judge from there."

Hope this helps!

Back