New Agent In Need Of Some Help

Cortho123

In California. I went out marketing yesterday, and was asked to quote a Music School / Art Space for a BOP. I'm having trouble finding any carriers that are willing to insure them. I'm assuming it's because children. Anyone know of any carriers that would pick them up?

In California. I went out marketing yesterday, and was asked to quote a Music School / Art Space for a BOP. I'm having trouble finding any carriers that are willing to insure them. I'm assuming it's because children. Anyone know of any carriers that would pick them up?

1. Which carriers have you tried?
2. Is this a lessors risk?

Well, you're probably going to need abuse and molestation coverage. That's something you'll typically need whenever you are dealing with any children, elderly, or mentally impaired. Figure that out first, because that will have a heavy bearing on what carriers you can go to.

Have you tried Philadelphia? I’ve only written for preschools/daycares through them before but they’re great on anything education in my experience. They also offer abuse/molestation coverages.

Have you tried Philadelphia? I’ve only written for preschools/daycares through them before but they’re great on anything education in my experience. They also offer abuse/molestation coverages.
Based on past experience, I avoid Philadelphia whenever I can. However, sometimes they are the only admitted option.

Holes in coverage, claims not paid, poor accounting, being lied to by management about billing issues.

I'll be patient with one mistake, but when it becomes habitual, I have lots of other carriers I can deal with.

Well, you're probably going to need abuse and molestation coverage. That's something you'll typically need whenever you are dealing with any children, elderly, or mentally impaired. Figure that out first, because that will have a heavy bearing on what carriers you can go to.

Mark is one of my go to knowledge base for all things commercial lines, especially in CA.

Mark... generally speaking, do you start with the most obscure coverage, and then work backwards?

This seems to be the strategy you're recommending here.

Back