New Agent Looking To Sell Over The Phone

You guys are obviously not understanding what I'm saying or maybe you didn't read my post.

I own a very successful internet training company (nothing at all to do with insurance).

I have an insurance license. My company will be incorporating sales training into it's product line at the end of 2014.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY FROM INSURANCE SALES!

Give me 50%, 5%, it doesn't matter.

My only goal is to have numbers to call and a pitch. I just need something simple to sell from my office (because I run another company) so that I can get my phone skills back on track.

No offense to anyone but I'm not some scrub looking to throw on a $200 suit from Macys and bang on doors for $30,000 a year. I was directly trained by the best salespeople on earth (Abraham, Kennedy, Kern, Belfort). I can close deals! I just need numbers and a SIMPLE product.

Final Expense seems like that simple product and if someone has a system that would allow me to sell it over the telephone I'll sign up NOW and take whatever % you are offering. Money is not the issue.

Sell dental insurance to small business owners.

You guys are obviously not understanding what I'm saying or maybe you didn't read my post.

I own a very successful internet training company (nothing at all to do with insurance).

I have an insurance license. My company will be incorporating sales training into it's product line at the end of 2014.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY FROM INSURANCE SALES!

Give me 50%, 5%, it doesn't matter.

My only goal is to have numbers to call and a pitch. I just need something simple to sell from my office (because I run another company) so that I can get my phone skills back on track.

No offense to anyone but I'm not some scrub looking to throw on a $200 suit from Macys and bang on doors for $30,000 a year. I was directly trained by the best salespeople on earth (Abraham, Kennedy, Kern, Belfort). I can close deals! I just need numbers and a SIMPLE product.

Final Expense seems like that simple product and if someone has a system that would allow me to sell it over the telephone I'll sign up NOW and take whatever % you are offering. Money is not the issue.

You can be that Golden Child of FE telesales but unfortunately....it's not that "simple" as you put it. We've been at it for 3 years now. We all still work 9-5 9-6 5 days a week. You would be completely wasting your time getting into FE telesales with this mindset/business model.

The reason there is a high lapse rate in telesales is this kind of thought process. Not knock'n your goal or ambition but the idea that telesales combined with FE is simple or easy is the reason it has a bad rep.

Like your own business...you need to commit in order for it to be successful. We don;t even allow our agents to sell both over the phone AND in the field. It hasn't worked. It doesn't work.

You can be that Golden Child of FE telesales but unfortunately....it's not that "simple" as you put it. We've been at it for 3 years now. We all still work 9-5 9-6 5 days a week. You would be completely wasting your time getting into FE telesales with this mindset/business model.

The reason there is a high lapse rate in telesales is this kind of thought process. Not knock'n your goal or ambition but the idea that telesales combined with FE is simple or easy is the reason it has a bad rep.

Like your own business...you need to commit in order for it to be successful. We don;t even allow our agents to sell both over the phone AND in the field. It hasn't worked. It doesn't work.

I'm talking about a simple product. I'll put in the hours. I don't mind that at all. I'm used to working 12 to 14 hour days as it is now and I've set aside hours for selling on the phone starting in March so the hours are not a problem.

I would assume that the reason for a high lapse rate in telesales is the lack of relationship building. Visiting a person in the home builds a higher bond between the agent and the prospect/client. That relationship CAN be built over the telephone and it has been done in every other industry for decades.

If someone will buy a mortgage, stock, credit repair, or whatever else over the phone, there is no reason why insurance can't be done as well. It seems from what I'm reading here that the industry just hasn't moved there yet for whatever reason. And I think most people look down upon it because if it ever were to move heavily towards the phone or internet then a lot of the people who need that in home visit to close the deal will be out of jobs pretty quickly.

I'm talking about a simple product. I'll put in the hours. I don't mind that at all. I'm used to working 12 to 14 hour days as it is now and I've set aside hours for selling on the phone starting in March so the hours are not a problem.

I would assume that the reason for a high lapse rate in telesales is the lack of relationship building. Visiting a person in the home builds a higher bond between the agent and the prospect/client. That relationship CAN be built over the telephone and it has been done in every other industry for decades.

If someone will buy a mortgage, stock, credit repair, or whatever else over the phone, there is no reason why insurance can't be done as well. It seems from what I'm reading here that the industry just hasn't moved there yet for whatever reason. And I think most people look down upon it because if it ever were to move heavily towards the phone or internet then a lot of the people who need that in home visit to close the deal will be out of jobs pretty quickly.

The reason for high lapse rate is not for lack of relationship. Its because the agent didn't know how to sell and follow up.

The reason for high lapse rate is not for lack of relationship. Its because the agent didn't know how to sell and follow up.

And the sales process, beginning with the word "Hello" on the telephone, and the follow up is all part of relationship building. Someone who knows how to handle a phone call can build just as strong of a relationship with someone as someone who does it in person.

As I said, if people are willing to buy stock, mortgages, credit repair, and whatever else over the telephone, they will also be willing to buy insurance.

And the sales process, beginning with the word "Hello" on the telephone, and the follow up is all part of relationship building. Someone who knows how to handle a phone call can build just as strong of a relationship with someone as someone who does it in person.

As I said, if people are willing to buy stock, mortgages, credit repair, and whatever else over the telephone, they will also be willing to buy insurance.

Phone sales can, and are, made everyday in many product lines including insurance. One of those lines if not the FE market.

You have not heard in this thread, nor will you in any thread or sub forum here, from a successful FE telemarketer.

You will hear from marketers for FE telesales touting the greatness of it all.

FE is different market and a differnet mindset. It's a failed model for the producer to sell FE over the phone. It does seem to be great for the marketers of the churn and burn shops.

Phone sales can, and are, made everyday in many product lines including insurance. One of those lines if not the FE market.

You have not heard in this thread, nor will you in any thread or sub forum here, from a successful FE telemarketer.

You will hear from marketers for FE telesales touting the greatness of it all.

FE is different market and a differnet mindset. It's a failed model for the producer to sell FE over the phone. It does seem to be great for the marketers of the churn and burn shops.

Ok. I'm kind of used to hearing about how things "can't" be done then I just go on doing them anyway.

Things that are "impossible" for others are more fun to accomplish anyway.

And if it didn't come across in my first post, I wasn't hear looking for inspiration (through all the negativity that has been written so far). I was hear asking HOW it can be done. Like what company will accept apps without having to visit the prospect.

All I wanted was a name of a company I could use. I understand it's "impossible" and "can't be done" and is a "failed model". I'm willing to fail on my own. But there has to be a company that allows applications to be taken over the phone without having to visit the prospect.

Last edited:
Ok so here's my short story. I'm looking for something SIMPLE to sell on the phone that i don't have to service. I've been selling my own products (information) over the internet for 10 years and do very well. But I want to get back on the phone and sell something simple just to get my phone game up back to where it once was.

I've decided to get my license and join one of those "lead programs" where I can just be passed some leads, call them, pitch them, close them, and move on.

My question is I don't know what company to go with.

I honestly don't care that much about percentages and I do not need any sales system or training. All I need is a basic script (that I will probably change drastically) and the leads.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should go?

Thanks.

Don't know if this will work for you...

ImageProxy.mvc

Instead of FE why not focus on people that buy solutions over the phone now and keep the services...I am speaking of business owners they buy services over the phone merchant services, phone systems you name it. Add to that they should have less of a lapse rate as they are not Just Over Broke. Simple product that meets a simple need like life insurance, disability or retirement savings. Now many companies have phone/email apps for life...But for DI and annuities you can still fill out the app and Mail/fax for signatures.

Back