New Agent Recommendations; Equis Financial or another company?

Do not go to an agency that haves you sign a contract!

There are plenty of other options to choose from. You need to interview them as well with good questions then compare companies. Watch for the ones that boast about their comp. Also, ask if the comp they are giving you is it for final expense or just certain term products. Let’s say they tell you your comp is 100% but MOST of the products you write that are whole life pay 10-20% less comp. Then you are at a way lower comp than you are actually at. Some products like guaranteed issue do pay less but overall get a grid for the carriers and see how they compare.

When you are brand new to the industry you just assume it is correct then look at a compensation grid and find different. Look at the long term for you. Do they want you to start hiring right away? Will they ride along with you to train? Do you have any fees?

Do they offer more training if you want to grow and expand like medicare etc?

Some might not have you sign a contract up front. However, if you want a release from the carriers they have a release form that basically is a contract to hold you down.

You don’t know what you don’t know in this business...

According to Equis you start out at 70% but when I looked at their chart only two carries were listed at the 70% mark. When I asked about this they claimed that no matter what you would still average the same commission per policy sold and that everything is leveled out to make up for the difference of the lower percentaged carriers.

As for ride alongs I was jokingly told that I would figure it out on my own like they had to. No fee’s yet that I am aware of.

I don't understand why you think a FE lead is a MPI lead in disguise? FE targets ages 50-85 and talks about how the program can pay for your funeral. Most people that age ain't buying a house.
I never said anything about it being MPI in disguise. Equis “leads” seam to be 99% brought in by clients requesting MPI. However I said that they do carry FE products.

I never said anything about it being MPI in disguise. Equis “leads” seam to be 99% brought in by clients requesting MPI. However I said that they do carry FE products.

Everyone who I have ever talked to from that FMO has only discussed FE so I thought they only recruited agents to sell FE. I never knew they solicited MP.

According to Equis you start out at 70% but when I looked at their chart only two carries were listed at the 70% mark. When I asked about this they claimed that no matter what you would still average the same commission per policy sold and that everything is leveled out to make up for the difference of the lower percentaged carriers.

As for ride alongs I was jokingly told that I would figure it out on my own like they had to. No fee’s yet that I am aware of.

Lordy . . .

Back