1) Any business which wants you to use your phone and capital for that phone I would think twice about. At least until you have some income to cover the expense
2) Assign commissions means give part or all away to someone above you
3) Tough to learn the profession by giving it the part time status
4) Depends on what line of insurance you want to sell
5) Find a job outside of insurance
6) Knock on some doors of brokers and find someone who wants to train you
7) It is easy when you work under someone else's E&O and are only in it for the benjamins. Once you decide to make a career out of taking care of people it is more about the protection you provide than the money you get to keep

Is there a specific book you would recommend reading for someone new to this?

This is good perspective. I'm not unfamiliar with hearing no, or being called names after selling timeshare for a decade. After a while you get pretty good at flushing the past, and resetting your mind really quick.

I'm a door knocker so its a little harder for them to do that. I just turn on the puppy dog eyes and they sign.

All day if I’m 30-0...not so long if I’m 0-30.

Did I mention that I also have lysdexia? :yes:

No need to get ugly. I will be posting other things as well. Are you familiar with Columbus Life? They have been in business for the last 113+ years, 96 out of 100 comdex rating. Also, within the last 18 months purchased Gerber Life for 1.5 billion dollars. We have an incredible partnership with them and have been featured in one of their magazines.

We all get a little testy around here at times. Now more so than in the past as we are at home most of the time. :laugh:

You ain't seen nothing yet. However; it makes for a entertaining way of smoking out the bad one. :yes:

No need to get ugly. I will be posting other things as well. Are you familiar with Columbus Life? They have been in business for the last 113+ years, 96 out of 100 comdex rating. Also, within the last 18 months purchased Gerber Life for 1.5 billion dollars. We have an incredible partnership with them and have been featured in one of their magazines.

Columbus Life has nothing to do with whether or not Exertus Life is a good outfit or not. You are still not providing any proof that the other thread about Exertus is not correct. Until then, we will all believe that Exertus is not a go-to place....especially at 60%! What a joke!

Reactions: DHK

Evading the facts on your AGENCY is what is ugly here.

Yes, I've heard of Columbus Life.
- Ever heard of Western & Southern? They're the ones that own Columbus Life.
- Ever heard of John Savage? He was their top agent for decades and the founder of Savage & Associates.

Columbus life has nothing to do with Exertus Financial and the things being talked about on that thread.

So, how new are you to the agency where you can't post the information that thread is asking for?

In short, I can tell a "kool-aid drinking" recruiter vs a knowledgeable recruiter. Guess where I've categorized you so far?

100% agree. I don’t do drama. I’m just here to help people, whatever that looks like. Seems someone feels a bit threatened. Otherwise, why be so hateful? I learned in business, if they’re not talking about you, you’re not doing much. 50% will love you and the other 50% will always find ways to discredit you. Basically, from what I’m seeing it nothing but a bunch of trash talk. There is nothing to prove Exertus is not a good company. Success proves itself. All the rest is just a bunch of noise.

By not answering questions, you are the source of the "Drama". You asserted that everything in that thread is incorrect.

Refute it. Rebut it. Cite your information.

Evasion shows lack of integrity and a tendency to avoid the truth and the facts.

You're adding "a bunch of noise" when I want you to drill down.

Seen too many people who evade basic questions.

You're new here. I've been here about 12 years. Seen 'em all.

In short: put up... or shut up. (How's that for blunt?)

You are still not providing any proof that the other thread about Exertus is not correct. Until then, we will all believe that Exertus is not a go-to place....especially at 60%! What a joke!

MLM recruiters can never substantiate anything. They just assume that everyone else loves what they do and "success is its own indicator".

So tired of all the junk of these wannabe's.

Columbus Life has nothing to do with whether or not Exertus Life is a good outfit or not. You are still not providing any proof that the other thread about Exertus is not correct. Until then, we will all believe that Exertus is not a go-to place....especially at 60%! What a joke!

100% agree. I don’t do drama. I’m just here to help people, whatever that looks like. Seems someone feels a bit threatened. Otherwise, why be so hateful? I learned in business, if they’re not talking about you, you’re not doing much. 50% will love you and the other 50% will always find ways to discredit you. Basically, from what I’m seeing it nothing but a bunch of trash talk. There is nothing to prove Exertus is not a good company. Success proves itself. All the rest is just a bunch of noise.

The fact that Exertus starts with 60% commissions is not trash talk. It is factual information presented multiple times in 1 video.

The same video implies that attaining commission levels over 60% is based on people managed in the organization, presumably that would be ones you brought in.

If newly licensed insurance agents can get higher commission levels simply by associating directly with a carrier or associating with traditional Insurance Marketing Organizations, they should be aware of that.

The same video mentions paying money to become associated with Exertus.

So it seems to me that the comments in the Ins Forums Exertus thread are facts based on an Exertus video.

Back