New Assurant guarantee issue plans

I am less than a year in the insurance business, but have done a lot of product comparison. I contiue to come across many different GI plans, but still can't seem to find a plan where the premiums acutally match the benefits. Can I have some more insight on a few plans that I have found???

Aim Health Plans
ICAN Benefit Plan
Core Health
Assurant - doesn't really look that good up front

( won't let me post web links until I have enough post, sorry )

Can somebody also explain to me why some plans are deamed HIPAA compliant, and Creditable coverage, but other GI's aren't? Should I be skeptical on this???

Limited benefit plans are not HIPAA compliant in spite of what the promoters may say.

That includes AIM and ICAN.

Can't speak for the other plans.

Core Health is not HIPAA qualfied either.

THIS IS LIMITED INDEMNITY COVERAGE. IT IS NOT MAJOR MEDICAL COVERAGE and is not intended to replace other medical coverage.

I'm not sure who told you this was HIPAA qualified, but I didn't see it anywhere on the website after a cursory look.

I guess that's why I was confused. The Core Health plan "openly" promotes limited medical, not to supplement, etc... But the others plans are almost "bragging" and pushing the concept of HIPAA and creditable coverage. Do you or anybody have any advise on choosing a GI plan to promote?

Here in SC there is no "Guarantee Issue" policy worth your time. Not sure about your state, but if clients do not qualify for a regular individual policy in SC, they can join our State Health plan, which has outrageous prices. People usually laugh when the hear the premium. The only other choice is to get a job and try to get group insurance. I stay away from all the limited plans. Easier for me to advise them to our state plan, and move on to the next client.

Back