New CMS Survey Trying to Catch Rouge Agents

Here's one. And wow...this is tough - lost this license for an entire three years.

NH insurance agent admits creating fake account - Boston.com

CONCORD, N.H.—A former insurance salesman admits he created a bogus business account to collect a $2,000 commission.

Max Kenol pleaded guilty in Rockingham Superior Court on Wednesday to one count of theft by deception.

He was working for the American Family Life Assurance Company in September 2007 when he reported obtaining a group policy on a business account.

AFLAC discovered that individuals listed on the account didn't exist.

Kenol will get a suspended sentence but has to return the $2,000. He also agreed not to reapply for his insurance license for three years.

Here's one. And wow...this is tough - lost this license for an entire three years.

NH insurance agent admits creating fake account - Boston.com

CONCORD, N.H.—A former insurance salesman admits he created a bogus business account to collect a $2,000 commission.

Max Kenol pleaded guilty in Rockingham Superior Court on Wednesday to one count of theft by deception.

He was working for the American Family Life Assurance Company in September 2007 when he reported obtaining a group policy on a business account.

AFLAC discovered that individuals listed on the account didn't exist.

Kenol will get a suspended sentence but has to return the $2,000. He also agreed not to reapply for his insurance license for three years.

If they are "fake" customers, then who's paying their premiums? Was he just making them up to reach his minimum premium production for the year to continue receiving commissions from AFLAC and hoping that AFLAC wouldn't notice?

Busted for what? I haven't done anything. I haven't even knocked on any doors in case you're wondering. I was trained correctly back at the MA co that I worked for back in the 90s; in fact I was top producer for my office. Knocking on doors for MA business was NEVER acceptable even before MIPPA. But, I don't see anything wrong with cross-selling IF (and only if) the agent is putting the senior in a better place. If not, then that crosses the line.

I know of some very high producing agents that are doing questionable things with the help of medical group staff, but it's very hard to prove when the MA muckety mucks look the other way because of powerful medical groups and high rolling FMOs. Even CMS doesn't seem to care when this is reported. After seeing the "high producing protected agents" in full swing, I don't view the cross-sellers as any less worse than them.
I did not realize MA's were available in the 90's. Thought they were a Dubya invention. Med sups yes. Sorry I guess I am missing something here.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back