New Golden Rule Platinum Plans

On one hand they can offer more comp - receive more comp which obviously boosts their agency.

Only if sales volume remains the same or increases. If sales fall off, you are making more per sale but fewer total sales.

I think you'll agree that over time uncompetitive products lose out.

Again, I already know KB's recruiting specifically that they don't offer Platinum.

Of course GR's direct sales force doesn't offer Platinum so that they sold this off to a few KB's as a windfall is kinda funny.

Although my association is small I can at least do my part to spread the word that obviously no one should accept higher comp if they have a choice to sell a more competitive product at street level commissions.

The word from GR is this was a product initiated by KB's. It was not something pushed from the top down.

Certainly, GR has their own issues (as do other carriers) with HO ignorance. But this wasn't one of them.

Belay, however, was totally HO ignorance.

They have another product, 3 yrs in the works, labeled "Continuity". They have mentioned it in a few sales meetings but so far no one is biting. I don't expect it to play well either.

400 apps a year? GR's looking for 400 apps a week. 2 agents can write 400 apps a year.

That wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for. You're right, 400 apps a year isn't that much, but when we got the contract a few years ago (with three agents) I would say that is pretty good. I'm sure its better than you've ever dreamed of doing.

I didn't mean to demean what you're doing. You simply wondered why GR didn't contact you regarding Platinum and I'm only replying that although 400 apps per year is good for your agency GR is looking for KB's who give them millions a year in production.

No problem. Interestingly enough, our KB rep called this morning in response to an email I sent him on Friday and he said "you wouldn't want to sell those products."

I just gor my hands on a commission agreement for the platinum plans... not for me of course, i think the plan setup sucks.... but when i read it i didnt know it this is the way it always has been or not... i know assurant works like this... i dont take advances on golden rule so it dosent apply to me, well i guess it would if i sold platinum and took it earned.. but would like to know the answer

here is the exact quote: " any platinum policy that laspses or is cancled before 3 calendar months after the effective date... full chargeback of any commissions paid

what up? they wer not like that b4 ...were they?

I just gor my hands on a commission agreement for the platinum plans... not for me of course, i think the plan setup sucks.... but when i read it i didnt know it this is the way it always has been or not... i know assurant works like this... i dont take advances on golden rule so it dosent apply to me, well i guess it would if i sold platinum and took it earned.. but would like to know the answer

here is the exact quote: " any platinum policy that laspses or is cancled before 3 calendar months after the effective date... full chargeback of any commissions paid

what up? they wer not like that b4 ...were they?

Assurant and World do that BS right now... It really sounds like GR is going down the wrong path here...

Maybe it's me, but I ran quotes on a Norvax site, Ehealth and UHO's site and got three different rates. I tried different zipcodes and ages but it still differed. I know my UHO site lists the Platinum plans and I'm pretty sure the Norvax and Ehealth sites are Standard. These were comparisons were done in PA. Anyone else notice this? Are there more than two UHO plans available? Or can I attribute this to the scotch I was drinking last night.........

Lou

I compared my Norvax to Ehealth and they are the same. I checked rates with the new deductibles etc...

Maybe I'm confused about the Platinum plans. The new deductibles and coinsurance are just plan and rate changes to the existing options.

The Platinum is a different set of rates and plans for those that are offered it. Right?

Back