New guy from Indiana

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hello,

I like your forum here. I'm a newby (newbie?) for most of the insurance products but come from a similar background. For the last 10-years I have been selling funeral preplanning (usually insurance funded) very successfully.

My goal is to add to my preplanning with other insurance products that are needed by the senior market I am already dealing with. Eventually I MAY move entirely into running my insurance agency full-time and getting out of pre-need but I have to say, pre-need has been very good to me.

I have usually marketed mainly by direct mail and using an ACT database. I do have my database automated to mail drip letters and series of intro letters.

My questions are...
1. Has anyone else already made this transition? How do you like it?
2. How do you organize with all the various products and carriers? It seems pretty overwhelming.
3. Does anyone have a web-site that they feel gives them a very good image and adds to the response of their mailings?
4. Is it worth the extra cost to rent an office compared to working from your home office? How have most of you made this transition?

Thanks for any help and comments. I know this is a little too much detail for just an intro letter. I will copy it and place it in another catagory also.

Newby!

Poor Newby don't anybody like you? :nah: After all this time may I welcome you to the forum. :laugh:

This is a tough crowd. That intro was 3 years old and no response until today?
Thanks for helping a newby out with his questions! Geeeezzzeee!!!

The warmth I am recieveing from this forum is overwhelming.

I haven't felt this chilly since I was the "Obama is the Man" T-shirt vender at the Tea-Party convention.

At least no one has tried to recruite me with "free" leads yet.

Latest posts

Back