New Life Agent for Lincoln Heritage FAILING AND NEED HELP!

Unfortunately the stats don't prove your assumption.. The industry is made up of a bunch of old guys.. The average age is up in the 50s.. One reason is when older folks get laid off, a lot of companies will not hire them but the insurance industry will take anyone who fogs the mirror.. and, why not? For the most part, the companies aren't paying a salary or investing in training the agent. The only expense they incur is the contracting expense and initial supply order.

Damn it, I'm a sterotype!!!! :err:

I was talking more about the FE forum. And that is a pure guess. But I have heard those same numbers as to the aging of Life Agents as a whole. Which is a problem as I believe change and innovation is going to come from the younger guys. Look at the online sales guys. They mostly tend to be younger. Of course, younger is relative.

At my age, almost all my relatives are younger. ;)

I went to your link and called Scott and Travis.

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HELP!!!!!

I really enjoyed my conversation with these guys and I have already started the process of getting appointed.

It's gonna take at least 2 to 3 weeks before all the paperwork is finished, but I am so glad I have an opportunity to sell under some very professional agents.

I will keep you guys updated on how well out company grows over the next year.

We are a small independent agency in NC. We just started a little over a year ago.

We are currently selling all lines of insurance, but each of us decided to concentrate on one line and so i'm only concentrating in Life.

We are all young 27 or younger agents. We all gathered together with our experience and education in business/computer science/accounting/marketing.

We are pumped and ready not only to make a career, but also become a very stable, honorable, and trusted insurance agency.

Thank you for the advice. I promise it will not be wasted!

I'm so incredibly confused.

Are you an agent or an agency. If you're wanting to build a group, I'd rethink the FEX model. They have made it explicitly clear that they are not the best place if you are wanting to build a downline.

Travis is a great guy and an even better resource. That being said he doesn't want a bunch of people building downline with small margins for the downline agents. Just an FYI.

I'm so incredibly confused.

Are you an agent or an agency. If you're wanting to build a group, I'd rethink the FEX model. They have made it explicitly clear that they are not the best place if you are wanting to build a downline.

Travis is a great guy and an even better resource. That being said he doesn't want a bunch of people building downline with small margins for the downline agents. Just an FYI.

I too was surprised to wake up a read the OP posting about an agency as opposed to being a new Lincoln Heritage agent.

I too was surprised to wake up a read the OP posting about an agency as opposed to being a new Lincoln Heritage agent.

I'm an agent, but I do have an agency manager who happens to be my first cousin.

My cousin is the agency manager and his brother and I are the agents. Along with another young lady who is our receptionist.

So yes I'm an agent, but I'm also part of an independent local agency.

I'm an agent, but I do have an agency manager who happens to be my first cousin.

My cousin is the agency manager and his brother and I are the agents. Along with another young lady who is our receptionist.

So yes I'm an agent, but I'm also part of an independent local agency.

If you go with FEX. Why would you go under your cousin? You are both new, so he's not adding any value. Why not make it a partnership and split the cost.

Also, if selling FE, do you really need a receptionist?

If you go with FEX. Why would you go under your cousin? You are both new, so he's not adding any value. Why not make it a partnership and split the cost.

Something tells me FEX will really regret this one. From brand new to having an agency, office, receptionist. .....but couldn't even afford LH leads? Odd that he had to charge his leads instead of buying them.

Something tells me FEX will really regret this one. From brand new to having an agency, office, receptionist. .....but couldn't even afford LH leads? Odd that he had to charge his leads instead of buying them.

Let me clarify some things here and I think it will help.

Our agency is new to FE.

We've been selling health, Property, and casualty for a couple years and we've been doing fairly well.

I'm concentrating on life insurance specifically FE.

So we have a receptionist for taking payments for the other lines.

Also the price isn't the issue with LH, it's the quality of the leads.

Most were 2 to 3 months old and has already been used to buy FE insurance.

I did not mention that our agency has been in business a little over 2 years selling property, casualty, and health insurance. We also already have a partnership, I consider him a manger because he was the first one to receive all of his license and designations. He also is the one who came up with the idea to start an insurance agency. He is also the one has put the most energy and funding into the agency from his personal funds.

I apologize for not mentioning the other lines of insurance we sell, but we have a receptionist for those other lines.

Lincoln Heritage only has a charge lead option available. I do not think you can buy leads from them in cash. The issue hasn't been the price of the leads, but rather the quality of the LH leads. We've only used 25 of the leads, but out of 25 they were all 2 months or older. I sold one policy from that 25, but I honestly felt as if the person purchased it to get me out of their house.

I have tried cold-calling for FE and had better luck with the cold call than LHJ leads. It takes a lot to find the right person, but once you do they become a happy client.

Back