New Medicare Supplement Lead Card

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Received a BRC in the mail today that I had never seen before,

******Medicare Savings Program*******

Do you qualify to have your Medicare Part B premium paid by the state? If you do qualify, you will receive $104.90 back into your Social Security check. Do you qualify for the Extra Help Program with Prescription Drugs from Social Security? etc., etc.

I would think this card would get a good return but I wonder how good the closing ratio would be? It would seem almost everybody that replies would be expecting something for nothing. :skeptical:

Do you qualify to have your Medicare Part B premium paid by the state? If you do qualify, you will receive $104.90 back into your Social Security check. Do you qualify for the Extra Help Program with Prescription Drugs from Social Security? etc., etc.

I would think this card would get a good return but I wonder how good the closing ratio would be? It would seem almost everybody that replies would be expecting something for nothing. :skeptical:

I would think if mailed to lower incomes it would be great for duals and LIS. But even if you mailed it to everyone it should certainly open up some doors to help people save money on their supps. Closing ratio would depend on who you are targeting. Do you qualify for Extra Help?:1tongue:

You'll get about a 4.5% return but your conversion will be very low. Most of those who respond will already be on a plan and they will not want to change. You'll get a few but not worth the expense. I ran that lead card for about four months this past year. Not doing it anymore.

You'll get about a 4.5% return but your conversion will be very low. Most of those who respond will already be on a plan and they will not want to change. You'll get a few but not worth the expense. I ran that lead card for about four months this past year. Not doing it anymore.

I think you are right about the response and conversion depends on your market. I have a couple agents writing 8-12 MAs per mailer. A lot of running around and a lot of follow up but still a decent ROI.

Does "Medicare Savings Program" equal "Medicare Advantage?"

Since the purpose of this card is to enroll people into MA plans, does it pass the smell test?

I wouldn't use it but have my own cards that are probably CMS "proof" that do say Medicare Advantage.

Rick

Does "Medicare Savings Program" equal "Medicare Advantage?"

Since the purpose of this card is to enroll people into MA plans, does it pass the smell test?

I wouldn't use it but have my own cards that are probably CMS "proof" that do say Medicare Advantage.

Rick

That is one of the reasons I stopped using it. Too many land mines with it. You first have to help them apply for the Medicare Savings Program, if they qualify, then you show them how they can benefit from a Medicare Advantage Plan.

I would think if mailed to lower incomes it would be great for duals and LIS. But even if you mailed it to everyone it should certainly open up some doors to help people save money on their supps. Closing ratio would depend on who you are targeting. Do you qualify for Extra Help?:1tongue:
Me? wouldn't think so.. :no:

[/SIZE][/SIZE]It would seem almost everybody that replies would be expecting something for nothing. :skeptical:
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Maybe, but how easy is the transition?

Mr. Jones I have good and bad news for you, most people want the bad news first, so, unfortunately I cant save you the whole 104.90. Now, THE GREAT news is, and I am so glad you mailed this card back to us I CAN still save you (20,30,40,50 whatever it may be).

the card you received is actually an approved lead piece from Humana. Yes I find it hard to believe but Humana got approval from CMS I assume to use this piece, I have seen it on the approved list of mailers they have.

Back