New Member_ Advice Pls

I'm currently working on my license. I'm new at this and have been hit from all sides and am trying to weed through it. I'm Not interested in any type of MLM, any Contracts or future pitfalls of needing contracts released or dual contracts being blocked etc etc ... Please I'm looking for Very Seasoned objective advice on Smartest direction to go in the financial /insurance industry. Not looking for company "sales pitches" Thank you in advance. ~Misty

I'm currently working on my license. I'm new at this and have been hit from all sides and am trying to weed through it. I'm Not interested in any type of MLM, any Contracts or future pitfalls of needing contracts released or dual contracts being blocked etc etc ... Please I'm looking for Very Seasoned objective advice on Smartest direction to go in the financial /insurance industry. Not looking for company "sales pitches" Thank you in advance. ~Misty

First off, thank you for using the word "Advice" correctly. So many on here get Advice and Advise mixed up.

What type of insurance are you wanting to sell? Which market?

Todd, Thank you. I actually jotted down your number late last night after seeing some of your input on other posts, Would you be open for a call? If so, what's a good day/ afternoon/ evening time for you?

Todd, Thank you. I actually jotted down your number late last night after seeing some of your input on other posts, Would you be open for a call? If so, what's a good day/ afternoon/ evening time for you?

You can give us a call most any time. If you have to leave a VM, we WILL call you back....or you can go here to schedule an appointment... https://www.trkingim.com/contact-us/

Companies such as...

Transamerica
Afortus FInancial
FFL Acheivers
Symmetry, etc.,

have all been pitching me and I'm trying to discern through all the sales pitches for each. I have been fortunate to have a couple women (one from Symmetry, and the other from FFL) at least spend a couple hours introducing me to some of the terms in the "business models' which has certainly given me an insight on better more precise questions to ask. What is your take on them and more importantly, what would you suggest is the best place to start for me to not get hung up on something I'll be trying to get out of later with added difficulties?

I'm Fresh and New and Formable on this whole industry, I'm not looking for shortcuts, I am however interested in starting out smarter than to find myself in unneeded pitfalls later, I'm sure I'll make some mistakes along the way, but I'm definitely trying to pick some brains here.

I am looking for a company with good training and mentorship (the direction I go is wide open, considering I'm new at this, I am currently working on my "Life" license as was suggested to me, then to add others later...?" I am looking for tools where I can get in front of warm leads and appointments, I don't mind doing the groundwork of cold calls, yet I also rather put my focus on closing rather than more time on prospecting, at least initially. Considering I am new, I don't see myself spending on leads (especially since I know the drill on sorting through numerous calls on a dialer to get that "one interested customer" to get to set an appointment with). Again, I don't mind the grunt work, but I am in a stage where I'd like to focus on the training, being mentored, closing, growing.

That said, I would also ultimately like to work independently and own my own book of business, I don't want to get stuck in non-compete contracts, either in the beginning, nor upon exit between the firm and the insurance companies or to be be blocked on dual contracts.

Am I asking for too much here? If, not, what's the best way to get started and best direction to go?

Also, what do you know about a company called "Final Expense Contracting"

Sincerely,

Misty

Last edited:
Well, I was working from my house using a middleman companies CRM /auto dialer, prospecting and setting up appointments and creating warm leads for fiduciary advisors, cultivating customers and speaking to them about the importance of their finances, future planning, retirements, and benefits, etc., I decided I’d like to Learn More about it myself… and what better way than to get my license and jump right in! Be on the other end of things. So yes, for my personal development, valuable information I can pass on to my grown children in their 20’s so they have a good head start on me, besides family and friends, and that of others as future customers, so here I am researching and asking questions and finishing my classes for my license. That’s how… Ha !

I feel it’s a very wise direction for this chapter of my life. I’ve always been in sales and marketing and independently set appointments for vendors and hospitals, done tech recruiting as well, the finance / insurance realm is my next one to tackle as I hope to implement well what I learn while helping others.Something I can honestly say, I wish I knew more about a lot sooner, but hey, no time like the present! ☺️

Last edited:
Back