New Mexico Expanded Medicaid. Now They’re Facing a $417 Million Shortfall.

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
When New Mexico opted to expand Medicaid under Obamacare, they bought into the whole “free money” scam believing that it would be easy to pay for new enrollees on the state’s Medicaid program.

Well, as many level-headed people pointed out, nothing is ever really free, and New Mexico would eventually have to cough up the cash to pay for this expansion.

That day has come, and the bill is unaffordable. :no:

New Mexico Expanded Medicaid. Now They’re Facing a $417 Million Shortfall. | TheBlaze.com

NM has a $6.29B budget.

That means the $417M bill is about 5% of MAGI for the state, well under the 9.5% affordability test, and thus, affordable (remember, it's a 16 month cost, not 12 month. It's 6.6% reduced by 25%)

I guess politicians are coming to realize that defining affordability by some arbitrary percentage of income doesn't mean you can actually afford it.

NM has a $6.29B budget.

That means the $417M bill is about 5% of MAGI for the state, well under the 9.5% affordability test, and thus, affordable (remember, it's a 16 month cost, not 12 month. It's 6.6% reduced by 25%)

I guess politicians are coming to realize that defining affordability by some arbitrary percentage of income doesn't mean you can actually afford it.

How can I "triple like" that post? Well stated, Ray.

Back