New MS Clients that May Never be Able to Switch Plans Again

I agree with knowing your market. I don't want to seem like I'm taking a swipe at Axe (see what I did there :goofy:) but he sells in FL and tries to apply that generally.

I don't know FL's market, but I know MA in rural MI is kind of garbage.
I do not apply that generally to all states. I have said in many many posts, that i only work the Florida market, And most of my posts are for Florida.

But generally speaking, to bash MA out right, and to say medsupp is always the best, is the peak of arrogance. And, it shows the ignorance of the medsupp only hacks. MA has its place, and is useful in many states. The client i spoke of is just one example.

Caveat, not an agent.
It might also be possible that some FL agents have a misconception that MAPD is always better than Medigap, just because that is frequently the case in FL.
I'm sure some are, but i`m not one of them.I have said several times in many posts that i sell a lot of medsupp. Roughly 40% of my book is medsupp.

What I dont like (and I have said this before too), is when agents are super biased toward one product, and bash a perfectly fine product, that serves very well for its purpose.

Just do right by the customer. If medsupp is right, then give them a medsupp. But, it is not always right, in that case, give them the MAPD.

I try to write Med supp when I can. But when a plan has a moop of $1700 and covers kwik pens at $0 and $10 in the gap and her januvia for the same, it’s hard to not take it.
That comment was not directed at you. You have always been clear about what you do and that FL has some different circumstances.

Awww, poor Hockeyday...

He has to defend his big MA numbers by implying that because I don't sell MA that directly equates to an inability to evaluate a health insurance program for value.

This coming from the guy that uses the MI Medigap Subsidy to sell the most expensive MS plans in the state.. I sure hope your people in 2021 are heathy enough to flip... Or just put them on that great MA, right? :yes:

MA certainly has a place, but people get sold on that zero premium and it's very similar to what they already gave prior to 65.. but pretending comparably MA is not garbage to MS in rural MI, that's a fallacy.

Just sell that Hospital Indemnity and Cancer plan so they don't get eaten alive when they actually have a critical illness
Awww, poor Hockeyday...

He has to defend his big MA numbers by implying that because I don't sell MA that directly equates to an inability to evaluate a health insurance program for value.

This coming from the guy that uses the MI Medigap Subsidy to sell the most expensive MS plans in the state.. I sure hope your people in 2021 are heathy enough to flip... Or just put them on that great MA, right? :yes:

MA certainly has a place, but people get sold on that zero premium and it's very similar to what they already gave prior to 65.. but pretending comparably MA is not garbage to MS in rural MI, that's a fallacy.

Just sell that Hospital Indemnity and Cancer plan so they don't get eaten alive when they actually have a critical illness
Got more sups than MA, I do sell the companies in the medagap subsidy program , when I can give someone a plan N for 60 bucks a month I do it all day, and by the way have fun at work tomorrow

Got more sups than MA, I do sell the companies in the medagap subsidy program , when I can give someone a plan N for 60 bucks a month I do it all day, and by the way have fun at work tomorrow

Except, you aren't giving anyone Plan N for 60 dollars. You're giving them a temporary out of pocket reduction until next year...

Then they realize that Plan G is is slightly more with better benefits. Especially when compared to CSO with Bx, McLaren, Priority, and AARP..

However, it's a great transition to MA for you...

PS: Concerning my job, I CHOOSE to work because I work for the people in my state. I can take off any time I want.

I mean, it's better than selling a short term solution to line my pocks long term.

Back