New scam

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
My 88 year old mother wanted me to look at her latest EOB today. I found 3 charges for COVID19 test kits. Medicare had paid a company out of IL $96 each time. I decided to call the Medicare Fraud Hotline and try to stop the charges.

The rep told me this was a new scam and he really appreciated me reporting it. He said if everyone would do so it would help. After researching he found that they billed Medicare for my Mom 19 times. He said a guy had called yesterday who had 31 charges. They got almost $2000 off my Mom. She said she did not give anyone her Medicare number but they had it. Of course nothing is never her fault.

My 88 year old mother wanted me to look at her latest EOB today. I found 3 charges for COVID19 test kits. Medicare had paid a company out of IL $96 each time. I decided to call the Medicare Fraud Hotline and try to stop the charges.

The rep told me this was a new scam and he really appreciated me reporting it. He said if everyone would do so it would help. After researching he found that they billed Medicare for my Mom 19 times. He said a guy had called yesterday who had 31 charges. They got almost $2000 off my Mom. She said she did not give anyone her Medicare number but they had it. Of course nothing is never her fault.
Years ago, people would report Medicare Fraud, and nothing was done about it. They had a good piece on 60 Minutes ( when it was good).

I think I have been getting those calls for at least 2 weeks.

:idea: My Medicare Number has an SL in it. They don't like that! :laugh:

Got the sing song voice this morning about a free Cpvid test. I'm not 65, not on Medicare,registered with DNC, and the hits keep coming

Got the sing song voice this morning about a free Cpvid test. I'm not 65, not on Medicare,registered with DNC, and the hits keep coming
I'm 70, on Medicare but not the DNC. I get several a day.

Haven't gotten the covid test yet but that's because they're probably at the end of the line. I get fe, medicare, car ins and solar panels. Even get a few wanting to pay off my student loans.

I try to have fun with them. If it's a woman, I usually reply with I'm naked what are you wearing? They gone. If it's a man, I pretend to start crying into the phone telling him how lonely I am. He gone. If it's a machine, I answer every question with the same two words. Peanut Butter. They haven't invented a robo machine that can handle my crazy shit.

I'm 70, on Medicare but not the DNC. I get several a day.

Haven't gotten the covid test yet but that's because they're probably at the end of the line. I get fe, medicare, car ins and solar panels. Even get a few wanting to pay off my student loans.

I try to have fun with them. If it's a woman, I usually reply with I'm naked what are you wearing? They gone. If it's a man, I pretend to start crying into the phone telling him how lonely I am. He gone. If it's a machine, I answer every question with the same two words. Peanut Butter. They haven't invented a robo machine that can handle my crazy shit.

I use to initiate a 3 way call to chatbot Lenny The Time Waster and it was amazing how many telemarketers would stay on the phone until the ducks start quacking.Lenny must of changed his phone number though.

Back