New Substandard Med Supp

ARLIC? Is that American Republic Life Insurance Company? I used to write some business with them back in the dark ages.. Then, they got the bright idea that the application had to be filled out in the client's handwriting.. Never did put another app with them.

American Retirement Life Insurance Company.

American Republic's still around. Medico's their sister company.

No problem.

"Then, they got the bright idea that the application had to be filled out in the client's handwriting.. Never did put another app with them."

Don't blame you. I can imagine how many mistakes they'd make filling out an app, and how long it would take.:skeptical:

No problem.

"Then, they got the bright idea that the application had to be filled out in the client's handwriting.. Never did put another app with them."

Don't blame you. I can imagine how many mistakes they'd make filling out an app, and how long it would take.:skeptical:

With some you have a hard enough time just making sure they get their signature in the right place.. I couldn't imagine having to guide them through what to put in each section of the application.

With some you have a hard enough time just making sure they get their signature in the right place.. I couldn't imagine having to guide them through what to put in each section of the application.

At least the apps were shorter then. I remember being irked when United American's went from one page to a page and a half on their Med Supps.

Anybody else get the email about the new substandard Med Supp? Was told it's going be with ARLIC. They said they will approve people with conditions such as AFIB, diabetes with neuropathy, dementia, etc. Looked as if they were going to be competing rate wise with UHC's level 2 rates (he told me one sample rate in Texas and didn't really have anything other than that). No height and weight chart and will still offer the household discount.

I was told that 44% of ARLIC's past declines would have been approved on this new plan. Commissions will be lower. He said "around" 10%. I'm assuming that's street. Said full commission would be paid up to age 84. Will be released starting in June/July and rolled out over 8 months in the states they are already in.

Should be interesting to see how they compare with UHC's level 2 rates. And even more interesting to see what happens with rate increases. Smells a little like the famous MoO Plan N fiasco. Not quite as bad since they evidently will still decline some, but I'd still be very concerned.

Bring it on Baby. They wouldn't offer it unless they "needed to", and people who can't get coverage otherwise need the plan. A Match forged in Heaven.

Anyone know the wording of health questions in the app yet? I'd be interested to see if they take any pending surgeries or if they have a nursing home or HHC knockout question

Anyone know the wording of health questions in the app yet? I'd be interested to see if they take any pending surgeries or if they have a nursing home or HHC knockout question

PART A. MEDICAL QUESTIONS - If the answer to any question in Part A is YES, the Applicant is not eligible for coverage. If you answered NO to all questions in this Section, please continue to Part B and Part C.
YES NO
Are you currently confined or scheduled for admission to a nursing facility or assisted living facility or are you
receiving home health care services? In the last two (2) years, have you received home health care services for more
than three (3) separate periods of care or been confined to a nursing facility for more than 30 days? .
Are you currently in the hospital, pending hospital admission, or have you been hospitalized more than two (2)
times in the last two (2) years? Have you been treated in an Emergency Room more than two (2) times in the last
six (6) months? .
Do you currently receive assistance bathing, transferring, toileting, eating, dressing, or are you bedridden or use the
assistance of a wheelchair, walker, or motorized mobility aid? .
Do you have now or in the last two (2) years have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have
treatment for the following conditions:
a. internal cancer, leukemia, malignant melanoma, Hodgkin’s disease, or lymphoma? .
b. heart attack or coronary bypass? (You should answer NO if your only treatment is with maintenance medication.) .
c. congestive heart failure? .
d. multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) or muscular dystrophy? .
e. Paget’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, disabling arthritis, osteoporosis with fractures, or paralysis? .
f. chronic kidney disease, Addison’s disease, renal insufficiency, renal failure, any kidney disease requiring dialysis,
pancreatitis, or any condition requiring an organ transplant? . .
g. diabetes with hypertension requiring three (3) or more medications to control or diabetes requiring more than
50 units of insulin daily to control? (If you do not have diabetes, this question should be answered NO.) .
h. major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, organic brain disorder, or a paranoid disorder? .
i. unrepaired aneurysm, hemophilia, anemia requiring repeated blood transfusions, or any other blood disorder? .
j. dysplasia of the cervix classified as level 3.0 or higher? .
k. alcohol or drug abuse? .
l. stroke? .
m. terminal illness? .
Do you have now or at any time have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have treatment for
amputation caused by disease or organ transplant other than corneas? .
Have medical tests, treatment, therapy, or surgery been advised but not performed or is any surgery anticipated?
(This excludes mammograms, pap tests, colonoscopies, or PSA tests which were advised for routine screening
purposes only.) .
Have you ever been diagnosed with or received medical advice or treatment from a physician or an appropriately-
licensed clinical professional acting within his/her scope for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS
Related Complex (ARC), or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection? .
SAMPLE
ARLIC-MS-MULTI-HHDS-APP-GN Page 4 of 6 03/15

PART B. MEDICAL QUESTIONS - The answers to questions in Part B will determine your rate and final determination is subject to the Company’s Underwriting review. Please provide complete details as requested below.
Height (ft.-in.) ____________ Weight (lbs.) ________
Do you have now or in the last two (2) years have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have treatment for the following conditions:
Section VII. Medical Questions (cont’d.)
YES NO
a. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)? .
b. chronic obstructive lung disease (COLD)? .
c. emphysema? .
d. chronic bronchitis? .
e. any other chronic lung or respiratory disorder
requiring the use of oxygen? .
f. diabetes with neuropathy? .
g. diabetes with retinopathy? .
h. diabetes with vascular disease? .
i. myasthenia gravis? .
YES NO
j. systemic lupus? .
k. hepatitis other than hepatitis A? .
l. cirrhosis of the liver? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
m. other liver disease? .
n. cerebral palsy? .
o. Parkinson’s disease? .
p. dementia? .
q. senility? .
r. Alzheimer’s disease? .
s. PSA levels greater than 6.0? .
YES NO
a. angioplasty? .
b. atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis? . . . . . . . . . . . . .
c. peripheral vascular disease? .
d. carotid artery disease? .
e. coronary artery disease (CAD)? .
f. angina? .
g. cardiomyopathy? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
YES NO
h. stent placement? .
i. heart valve surgery? .
j. atrial fibrillation? .
k. irregular heartbeat? .
l. cardiac pacemaker? .
m. implantable or subcutaneous defibrillator? .
n. transient ischemic attack (TIA)? .
If you have used tobacco within the last 12 months, do you currently: YES NO
a. take maintenance medications for heart or vascular conditions? .
b. have diabetes? .
PART C. MEDICATIONS
If you are not taking any medications, please check here:
I am not taking any medications.

If they answer yes to anything in Part B they qualify at substandard rates.

PART A. MEDICAL QUESTIONS - If the answer to any question in Part A is YES, the Applicant is not eligible for coverage. If you answered NO to all questions in this Section, please continue to Part B and Part C.
YES NO
Are you currently confined or scheduled for admission to a nursing facility or assisted living facility or are you
receiving home health care services? In the last two (2) years, have you received home health care services for more
than three (3) separate periods of care or been confined to a nursing facility for more than 30 days? .
Are you currently in the hospital, pending hospital admission, or have you been hospitalized more than two (2)
times in the last two (2) years? Have you been treated in an Emergency Room more than two (2) times in the last
six (6) months? .
Do you currently receive assistance bathing, transferring, toileting, eating, dressing, or are you bedridden or use the
assistance of a wheelchair, walker, or motorized mobility aid? .
Do you have now or in the last two (2) years have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have
treatment for the following conditions:
a. internal cancer, leukemia, malignant melanoma, Hodgkin’s disease, or lymphoma? .
b. heart attack or coronary bypass? (You should answer NO if your only treatment is with maintenance medication.) .
c. congestive heart failure? .
d. multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) or muscular dystrophy? .
e. Paget’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, disabling arthritis, osteoporosis with fractures, or paralysis? .
f. chronic kidney disease, Addison’s disease, renal insufficiency, renal failure, any kidney disease requiring dialysis,
pancreatitis, or any condition requiring an organ transplant? . .
g. diabetes with hypertension requiring three (3) or more medications to control or diabetes requiring more than
50 units of insulin daily to control? (If you do not have diabetes, this question should be answered NO.) .
h. major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, organic brain disorder, or a paranoid disorder? .
i. unrepaired aneurysm, hemophilia, anemia requiring repeated blood transfusions, or any other blood disorder? .
j. dysplasia of the cervix classified as level 3.0 or higher? .
k. alcohol or drug abuse? .
l. stroke? .
m. terminal illness? .
Do you have now or at any time have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have treatment for
amputation caused by disease or organ transplant other than corneas? .
Have medical tests, treatment, therapy, or surgery been advised but not performed or is any surgery anticipated?
(This excludes mammograms, pap tests, colonoscopies, or PSA tests which were advised for routine screening
purposes only.) .
Have you ever been diagnosed with or received medical advice or treatment from a physician or an appropriately-
licensed clinical professional acting within his/her scope for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS
Related Complex (ARC), or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection? .
SAMPLE
ARLIC-MS-MULTI-HHDS-APP-GN Page 4 of 6 03/15

PART B. MEDICAL QUESTIONS - The answers to questions in Part B will determine your rate and final determination is subject to the Company’s Underwriting review. Please provide complete details as requested below.
Height (ft.-in.) ____________ Weight (lbs.) ________
Do you have now or in the last two (2) years have you been treated for or advised by a medical professional to have treatment for the following conditions:
Section VII. Medical Questions (cont’d.)
YES NO
a. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)? .
b. chronic obstructive lung disease (COLD)? .
c. emphysema? .
d. chronic bronchitis? .
e. any other chronic lung or respiratory disorder
requiring the use of oxygen? .
f. diabetes with neuropathy? .
g. diabetes with retinopathy? .
h. diabetes with vascular disease? .
i. myasthenia gravis? .
YES NO
j. systemic lupus? .
k. hepatitis other than hepatitis A? .
l. cirrhosis of the liver? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
m. other liver disease? .
n. cerebral palsy? .
o. Parkinson’s disease? .
p. dementia? .
q. senility? .
r. Alzheimer’s disease? .
s. PSA levels greater than 6.0? .
YES NO
a. angioplasty? .
b. atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis? . . . . . . . . . . . . .
c. peripheral vascular disease? .
d. carotid artery disease? .
e. coronary artery disease (CAD)? .
f. angina? .
g. cardiomyopathy? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
YES NO
h. stent placement? .
i. heart valve surgery? .
j. atrial fibrillation? .
k. irregular heartbeat? .
l. cardiac pacemaker? .
m. implantable or subcutaneous defibrillator? .
n. transient ischemic attack (TIA)? .
If you have used tobacco within the last 12 months, do you currently: YES NO
a. take maintenance medications for heart or vascular conditions? .
b. have diabetes? .
PART C. MEDICATIONS
If you are not taking any medications, please check here:
I am not taking any medications.

If they answer yes to anything in Part B they qualify at substandard rates.

A rather lengthy application. Sure to put a few to sleep.:SLEEP:

Back