New to Final Expense

Wanting to get into the final expense arena after 25 years of residential real estate and timeshare sales in the Orlando, Florida area. Strong one call closer, weak on marketing. Already licensed and willing to listen, learn and give 100%. Any recommendations on insurance companies or IMO's I should consider?

I agree, with the Agentguy5, recommendation.

In acting classes they teach the concept of "as if" in order to get into character. For example, say you were an actor tapped to play a general. You may have never even been in the military, let alone a general. Just imagine how you would act personally "as if" you were a general. Just a variation of the "fake it till you make it" approach mentioned by Wino and in keeping with the military analogies.

You may not be a seasoned FE agent yet, but are obviously a seasoned sales rep. This approach should be a piece of cake for you.:yes:

p.s.- Just like George C. Scott in "Patton". He had never been a general, but he had been in the marines. He had a good head start getting into that character.

Last edited:
In acting classes they teach the concept of "as if" in order to get into character. For example, say you were an actor tapped to play a general. You may have never even been in the military, let alone a general. Just imagine how you would act personally "as if" you were a general. Just a variation of the "fake it till you make it" approach mentioned by Wino and in keeping with the military analogies. You may not be a seasoned FE agent yet, but are obviously a seasoned sales rep. This approach should be a piece of cake for you.:yes: p.s.- Just like George C. Scott in "Patton". He had never been a general, but he had been in the marines. He had a good head start getting into that character.

This is good advice. My first week in the field I did around $3300 in AP and I literally had no idea what I was doing. My only training had been from this forum.

But I acted "as if" I knew what I was doing. I'm sure none of my clients thought it was my first week on the job.

I did a lot of 2 call closes that week because I came to the forum when I got home from the field to discuss where to place people. I think the clients saw it as me having to work especially hard for their "difficult" case.

All of those clients from my first week are still on the books. Except for the $1800 AP couple. They keep falling off the books between 9 months and a year lol. I've rewritten them 5 times lol. I gotta go back and rewrite the wife again soon. She lapsed at 12 months again.

This is good advice. My first week in the field I did around $3300 in AP and I literally had no idea what I was doing. My only training had been from this forum. But I acted "as if" I knew what I was doing. I'm sure none of my clients thought it was my first week on the job. I did a lot of 2 call closes that week because I came to the forum when I got home from the field to discuss where to place people. I think the clients saw it as me having to work especially hard for their "difficult" case. All of those clients from my first week are still on the books. Except for the $1800 AP couple. They keep falling off the books between 9 months and a year lol. I've rewritten them 5 times lol. I gotta go back and rewrite the wife again soon. She lapsed at 12 months again.

Can you clone them and ship them my way ;)

Back