New to Insurance: Help with Group Sale

blackwater1

Good morning everyone. I am very new to this business and looking for any help I can get. I am still in my prelicense class for life and health. I am going to be joining a captive agency to learn the business, but they do not sell group coverage. I have a very close friend that wants to begin group coverage for her small business (6-8 employees). They want to start in June. Not sure what they are looking to spend yet, but I am looking for some direction as to how to approach this potential sale. Any advice on how to get my ducks in a row for this would be greatly appreciated.

You need local help. If your captive company does not write group insurance, allow your "mentor" to guide the process in exchange for a referral.

Setting up a virgin group is a lot of work and more times than not never comes to fruition. With Obamabucks funding a portion of the cost for the next few years it has a better chance of happening . . . at least until the tax credits expire.

If signing with a captive company and they don't offer group check your contract and see if you will be allowed to go outside of the agency.

Back