New to medicare advantage

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
In December I sold a client a Humana Medicare Advantage, she had a med sup with part D prescription plan. Will I get the $611 or will I receive the $306 because she had Part D. I don't usually put people on a MAPD but I hear different answers. Some say because she had a part D I will only get the $306

Humana considers that an unlike plan change. You will be paid at the renewal rate, prorated based on effective date.

Numbers guy is correct but you’ll be paid the $611 because the $611 is the prorated amount of 12 months . If you sold in July you’d make $306 because 1/2 the yr left for the prorated .

DonP is the only agent in America who still gets his MA commissions prorated.

If they have a pdp card 100% United and Humana prorate . Example dual on Medicaid and pdp card gets his Medicare card . Humana and United prorate . All my friends in other states say same thing . Aetna I have no idea . 2 yrs ago Humana and WellCare used to not prorate . WellCare I have no idea now . So it might depend on state . United seems to prorate nationwide .New to Medicare full trueup anytime

If they have a pdp card 100% United and Humana prorate . Example dual on Medicaid and pdp card gets his Medicare card . Humana and United prorate . All my friends in other states say same thing . Aetna I have no idea . 2 yrs ago Humana and WellCare used to not prorate . WellCare I have no idea now . So it might depend on state . United seems to prorate nationwide .New to Medicare full trueup anytime
If that happened to me I would be raising hell. Having a PDP means nothing when going onto an MAPD plan. I've written UH D-SNP on clients in middle of the year that had a Med Sup and stand alone PDP and have always gotten the full 1st year commission. Aetna pays 1st year no matter what time of year you write it also. I don't do Humana.

Back