Your intro says New Jersey, your profile says Alabama.

You first say full time college, then you clarify part time.

You first say you got an offer as a producer, then clarify it's as an agency owner.

You first posted a profile with a photo and a tagline, then changed it.

That's why I don't trust your information, thus any responses based on your flimsy information can't be trusted. Stick to car sales.

Again, appreciate your feedback but going for Insurance Sales all-in. Profile says New Jersey, profile pic took off because of privacy and 12 credits it’s full-time. My offer is an a producer, working for an agency owner.

Again, appreciate your feedback but going for Insurance Sales all-in. Profile says New Jersey, profile pic took off because of privacy and 12 credits it’s full-time. My offer is an a producer, working for an agency owner.

I have to agree with Mark. If you make $80k plus a year selling autos, stick with it and promotions will come. Plus being a top producer in any industry affords you the luxury to leverage your value as a salesman into negotiating your hours. Get a dealers license and become an auto broker. My first job out of college (about a 9 years ago) was selling new and used autos for a Honda and VolksWagen Dealership. I hated it but learned alot from it. The salemanager now owns his own dealership and makes bank. The top producers are still in sales (2 out of the 3 convicted felons) and one is a finance manager now. If you want to sell "air" and are already proven in selling "metal" aka autos. When a finance manager position opens up, apply for it. Selling auto warranties and financing autos is similar to selling insurance in that both involve selling an intangible service aka "air". Except you have already niche'd market in autos by default. As a relatively new P&C agent, I have found that finding a niche is hard enough alone and then finding the competitive markets to quote with is whole different can of worms. Selling insurance and autos are two completely different animals. If you become a finance manager and enjoy that work, then insurance might be for you. Autos you have a sales manager riding you each and every week and/or day. In P&C insurance, self-motivation is a MUST. And you'll find out certain prospects are fiercely loyal to their incumbent agent. If you are lucky, the prospect will tell you that straight up but 9 out 10 times they don't want to "hurt your feelings" and will pull your chain and waste your times. Like Mark said, "In autos they come to you, in insurance you go to them..." or something along those lines. Atleast in autos you know that they actually want what you're selling. In insurance it's more "NEEDS" than "Wants". Yada yada I could rant forever...

Back