New York State Life/Health License Help

b61mack

Guru
1000 Post Club
pa/nj
hi....i have my life/health/pc license in pa.. i have a sister in rochester ny. she is trying to get her life/health license....ny requires a monitor, for your pre-test...one wanted 75.00 per hour....another.one a little more reasonablle at.. 50.00...for the test..in pa all we had to do is have a person sign saying we did not cheat...is anyone from rochester ny... seems like just another layer of pay outs....and also who qualifies as a monitor????

NY is a nasty state to do business in and you know it going in when you get licensed. There is no way around spending at least a few hundred bucks to get licensed and that's simply the way it is. At $50 for the test she should just pony up and take the pretest.

I'm confused as to why she didn't just go through a class. For $400-$500 you can take a class with a monitored exam at the end and learn pretty well. If someone can't afford to spend that much to get started, I think it unlikely they won't fail out of the business before they go completely broke. I don't know you're sisters situation, but it's common for folks to spend their last dollar on the dream of a carrier/agency that invests nothing in them and simply churns agents.

hi...she did the pre-test...on the internet....but this monitor..is just another layer...to watch you take the pre-test....thank's for the help....

That's the same way my wife did it, but $50 should be a drop in the bucket compared to what she'll be making.

Back