Newbies, Buy This Book!!!!

51_7.JPG

This book was recommended to me by a few guys on this site. It is only 116 pages long and is full of great information about how to get future clients away from their current agent(the "incumbent").

How many sales have you closed using the book?

How many sales have you closed using the book?

I'm not sure if you sell commercial insurance or nto( I only sell commercial, no personal lines), but you don't close accounts the first time you meet with them, especially larger accounts that will take some time quoting.

With that said, I bought the book and read it about a week and a half or so ago and I used the techniques on a contractor Friday, that will be about a $22000 annual premium who has agreed to FIRE is incumbent agent if I can do what he wants(and I can), I have an appointment at 10 a.m. this morning(yep,Labor Day) with a wholesaler of car wash supplies, that I will use the techniques on, and I closed a small account on Tuesday of last week using the techniques in the book; it was only a $2500 account but hey, they all add up.

I did have a contractor, that I used the techniques on tell me that he loved his agent and I would have to beat him by 50% in order for him to move. I said NO THANKS and walked away. Before I read the book I would have wasted a couple of days I could have been prospecting, working on a quote for this guy. THIS ALONE WAS WORTH THE PRICE OF THE BOOK!!!!!

I have now read the book twice now, and I am going into my appointment this morning with the confidence that I will "get ur done."

Thanks for asking..:twitchy:

Last edited:
.....I did have a contractor, that I used the techniques on tell me that he loved his agent and I would have to beat him by 50% in order for him to move. I said NO THANKS and walked away. Before I read the book I would have wasted a couple of days I could have been prospecting, woking on a quote for this guy........:twitchy:

To me the biggest advantage of the technique in this book is one will not waste as much time doing all of the work only to have the customer give the sale to someone else. The Wedge allows one the information to walk away early instead of after you have taken all the time and did all the work to then find out the prospect will get his current agent to match the package/quote.

I learned everything I'll ever need to know from "No Bull Selling" by Hank Trisler.

Why do say that? How come it's so d**n good?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone like Spin Selling? A lot of people I know like it but I think it may be more for corporate sales.

I like french fried pataters.

Last edited:
Why do say that? How come it's so d**n good?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone like Spin Selling? A lot of people I know like it but I think it may be more for corporate sales.

I like french fried pataters.

Spin Selling didn't do much for me.

Back