Newby looking for advice

You can get term cheap with SBLI, has a coversion to whole life later in if needed. What retirement program do you have in place? You can go straight to whole life and use it as a retirement supp with the cash value. it may be a little more then what you want to spend but totally makes it worth it. DI you can get a good Occ class with your job. Some companies give you a couples discount in the first year anywhere from 5-15%.

Wow, Scotty! I'm guessing that nearly three years later and only two posts that the OP is not going to get your message.:idea:

I know this is an old post but I will give my advice on going with a term policy. You can go with several discount companies that are going to give you a good rate. However, make sure you go with a solid company. Ask questions and make sure your policy has options to convert to a permanent life policy in case you become un-insurable. Also, if you will have any waiver of premium in case of a disability or sickness.

Some old stuff still has live, like this thread. About all Term is "cheap", withing pennies a thousand of each other. But, does the customer want a quality Term policy, or a stripped-out one?
To Scotty on WL as a retirement supp -- why give them a 8% gross loan to get their money back, when they can have a zero net cost wash loan with a UL with secondary guarantees? Why pay any more than you have to for the same thing -- i.e., life insurance?

atlantainsguy

Back