Newspaper Advertising

quackattack99

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just curious if anyone has done any newspaper advertising, specifically for MA-AEP, and. if so, what the results were?

Last edited:
When I worked for carriers they would do it. It worked for them because they had more money than God, needed the branding, and occasionally it worked. From an agents perspective, I have a hard time believing it'd be viable.

I have never done well with Newspaper ads. I have had success with radio. For awhile, a local radio station has me come in and do a financial planning show during drive time 0700-0800 once a month. I did not get many people calling in for appointments from that show, but almost all people I contacted for appointments mentioned they listen to me on the radio and it created some credibility. Newspaper adverts re very high in comparison to radio. TV is cheaper than all locally.

Interesting, I thought radio and TV would be higher. I think you're right Mark, newspaper readership is definitely on the decline. However, I think the decline is not happening as quickly in rural areas or with seniors. Pure speculation on my part there, but I still see a lot of people reading the newspaper in the rural area where I live...of course, it storms here so much and knocks the internet out on a regular basis, which may force people to have to resort to the paper:)

I worked in the printing industry for many years and there will never be "more" print with the advent of technology. Also, unless you spend alot of money well-placed your still hunting for fish in a pond vs. fish in a barrel. My two cents...

If you are going to do print media, you would be better off going after trade magazines.

The news paper is dead and any leads from that would be headaches.

Back