No E&O, what can I sell?

Without E&O I would suggest selling furniture or used cars!

Now that you've heard from all the "know it all, blow hards", let me tell you that you can sell insurance, with some companies, and not carry E&O. For those that are telling you...

"you should be selling cars"

or

"it's only $450"

probably have never been in your shoes, and had to deal with this. It's the same response I get when I tell someone that there are some attendees of my Job Seekers Group that have been out of work for over a year. The response is, "Well, aren't they looking?"

My advice. Call around. See who requires it, and who doesn't. Start selling with those that don't, then pick up those that do.

This Company offers E&O if you contract through them for the lines you want to sell. Their in Georgia, but they work with out of state reps as well.

Good luck.

You'll be fine.

Now that you've heard from all the "know it all, blow hards", let me tell you that you can sell insurance, with some companies, and not carry E&O.

Maybe in GA, this agent is in California. None of the reputable carriers in CA will allow contracting to sell without E&O coverage. As I pointed out above, Assurant is a joke carrier out here and UHC has their head firmly up their butt in CA. This ain't GA, things are a LITTLE different out here. And yes we have lots more lawyers in CA too, many in LA looking to make a buck where they can.

For those that are telling you...

"you should be selling cars"

or

"it's only $450"

probably have never been in your shoes, and had to deal with this. It's the same response I get when I tell someone that there are some attendees of my Job Seekers Group that have been out of work for over a year. The response is, "Well, aren't they looking?"

You are right, no other agent has ever had to purchase E&O coverage or started out with no commission income coming in calling the carrier to find out how much this month's check will be or anything like that.

My advice. Call around. See who requires it, and who doesn't. Start selling with those that don't, then pick up those that do.

I'll make it easier since I am in CA and know the market just a bit better than you do:

Blue Cross (Anthem) requires it
Blue Shield CA requires it
Health Net requires it
Aetna requires it
Kaiser requires it on small group since you can't sell their IFP out here

Who else you gonna call? That is all of the other carriers in CA in IFP besides the two already mentioned.

This Company offers E&O if you contract through them for the lines you want to sell. Their in Georgia, but they work with out of state reps as well.

Not listed on the CA DOI website as authorized to sell in California. Neither is Richard Stolz. So this obviously won't work.

Good luck.

You'll be fine.

Sure, as long as he doesn't get sued or doesn't want to sell any real health insurance in California.

I sold insurance in the senior market for 5 years with no complaints. Of course this is Indiana and I am ethical. I do however carry E&O now because I have started writing a little major med and most of them require E&O.

Back