no end to my goodness: prospect told very bad information may have no SEP

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
A sales person at an individual health carrier told this person who just found me on the internet to cancel his Part B last year which he had at T65 in May 2023 and keep his ACA plan which had already met the out of pocket.
No mention of how this would remove his tax credit and be wildly expensive.
Now he has applied for Part B to be reinstated which will most likely be 2/1/24.
Doubtful to get a GI MedSup since he is not new to Part B.
Only option perhaps, is some kind of exception for an MAPD from Medicare (no agent involvement)
Your thoughts?

Now he has applied for Part B to be reinstated which will most likely be 2/1/24.
Doubtful to get a GI MedSup since he is not new to Part B.
Not doubtful at all.

Any applicant that applies for a medicare supplement has to have both A and B to qualify. And qualification is determined by part B. Not part A.

Most supplement carriers do not look at how many times a person has signed up for part B. ACE/Chubb has a question on their application that asks this so I wouldn't use them. The others I write do not.

Simply apply, just like you would if your client was T65 for the first time.

Your client will be assessed the LEP though.

He shouldn't. He did not go a 12-month period without Part B.
I've had a few that went without part B for several years. They're back on it and still no LEP. Others were told to pay back their past due part B premiums and still hit with a LEP. No rhyme or reason.

Back