No fault accident

Krish

Consumer from Massachusetts

2 years back, my car was rear ended. My insurance paid the cost ($600) - no deductible since it was not my fault. No points, no premium increase
Now I was checking quote from a couple of insurance companies
All of those quoted a decent amount but when in last page they pull the CLUE report, the rate increases by $800-$1000 for an accident that was caused due to no fault of mine. I find it ridiculous

In future, is it best to claim against the at fault party's insurance ? Will that keep my CLUE clean ?

In future, is it best to claim against the at fault party's insurance ?

It is, if you get a positive prompt response in a day or two. After that, use your own policy.

Will that keep my CLUE clean ?

Unfortunately, no. The other driver's insurance company will report the accident to CLUE where any insurance company can have access to it.

All of those quoted a decent amount but when in last page they pull the CLUE report, the rate increases by $800-$1000 for an accident that was caused due to no fault of mine. I find it ridiculous

Yes, it's ridiculous. But the problem with online quotes is there's nobody to talk to about it and even if you got somebody to talk to they wouldn't give a _____.

Find yourself a local independent agent or a storefront direct writer and do your shopping personally. You might do better.

Back