no idea what to do

jorgeapaez

Hello everyone.
First off, apologies to the admins because I posted something like this in the life forum by mistake I didn't realize this forum existed until I got an email about it.
OK, so my name is Jorge, I'm Life licensed in the state of Florida.
Reason I got into this business was my brother was in Primerica and really got me interested in it.
I took my pre-licensing in 2013, when I was 18, however due to a series of complications mainly having to do with the fact that I'm totally blind and needed an accommodations letter to be able to take it in an accessible form in New York and I was never able to get it because I was finishing high-school at the time, I never ended up taking it.
I did stay on for a few years trying to recruit people, and recruited absolutely no one.
Then finally December of 2018 I retook prelicensing and took the test itself which I passed with a 90%.
I got my license on January 2019.
And then the problems started.
I'm an entrepreneur and operate from that mindset, and ran a few businesses in highschool, so I'm always coming up with new ideas on how to find new business, etc. except Primerica is not at all flexible and essentially bans anything that is not face-to-face word of mouth recruiting.
And that led me to an entire year with no profit, and no sale, except for a Term Life which I sold myself.
As it happens I looked more into the industry and the more I learned the more disappointed I was with the firm so I left in January of this year.
I thought I was gonna end up leaving the industry behind too but I started seeing new opportunities and became interested once again seeing it's a lot better then what Primerica offers.
I'm specially interested in starting with term-life, since I'm familiar with it and adding fixed annuities and possibly Final Expense. I also have my SIE so could take the Series 6 if sponsored in order to do variable contracts.
The problem is, I have no business training in insurance outside the face-to-face model Primerica used, and little knowledge of the industry itself.
I was just looking at Assurance, which mentioned it required you to have a national producer number, which I didn't even know was a thing until then.
(And yes I do have one apparently)
Anyway I wanna be an independent agent, but don't know where to start.
I'm taking classes online, so my time is fully flexible though I'd be working from home because of Covid and also just prefer things that way in general.
First, would I have to incorporate, form an LLC or something to that effect in order to be able to sell?
Secondly, do I have to become a contractor for a company like Assurance, that has deals with carriers or can I get contracts with carriers directly?
Thirdly, I have a Florida state license, but I got that directly through Primerica.
I'm no longer appointed with them, however the only way I have of doing things is directly through the state now on their site.
Do I have to use something like NIPR for my licensing requirements?
Lastly, any help/suggestions/recommendations as to how I would go about marketing myself?
The only thing I know is face-to-face.
I have tons of ideas including Google PPC, twitter ads etc. but since all those ∑ere not allowed by Primerica I have no idea about how to execute any of these ideas in a compliant way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge

Thirdly, I have a Florida state license, but I got that directly through Primerica.
I'm no longer appointed with them, however the only way I have of doing things is directly through the state now on their site.
Do I have to use something like NIPR for my licensing requirements?
Lastly, any help/suggestions/recommendations as to how I would go about marketing myself?
The only thing I know is face-to-face.
I have tons of ideas including Google PPC, twitter ads etc. but since all those ∑ere not allowed by Primerica I have no idea about how to execute any of these ideas in a compliant way.

You have a license and a NPN identifier. Go on NIPR and apply for any state where you think you might want to work. However, before you do that I think your best bet is to go to work for a broker and learn the business all over again and forget about the Primerica experience. You could become a trusted producer for a great segment of society. Your ability to reach a level with other blind people should set you up for success; don't worry about recruiting, use your interactions for referrals.

I'm specially interested in starting with term-life, since I'm familiar with it and adding fixed annuities and possibly Final Expense. I also have my SIE so could take the Series 6 if sponsored in order to do variable contracts.

Business-Motivational-Quotes.jpg

I would start here for $1 for 30 days (then $29.95/month) for training on how to market yourself as a consultant who helps people solve problems through the strategic use of life insurance:

https://www.insuranceproshop.com/insurance-sales/

Back