No Part D Coverage Emergency

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a new customer that t65 in this month, has no prescription coverage, just had 2 stints put in and has expensive heart and insulin prescriptions he needs to fill. I know he can enroll in a part D plan to start July first, problem is he will be dead by then if he doesnt get his meds filled. Is there anyway to get his part d coverage effective in june if he applies in june?

any help is greatly appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
just called medicare. Short and sweet. Nope...:nah:

Last edited:
Doubt it. Some options he might consider. Some drug companies have programs to help with the cost of prescriptions. No idea how they work but could be worth looking into. Also his doctor may have some samples to hold him over. Another idea is something like St Vincent De Paul or another charity that helps people out with cash for short term needs. Maybe even Salvation Army.

Sorry if these have already been considered. Just doubt you will get help from gov.

I have a new customer that t65 in this month, has no prescription coverage, just had 2 stints put in and has expensive heart and insulin prescriptions he needs to fill. I know he can enroll in a part D plan to start July first, problem is he will be dead by then if he doesnt get his meds filled. Is there anyway to get his part d coverage effective in june if he applies in june?

any help is greatly appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
just called medicare. Short and sweet. Nope...:nah:

Samples. Many docs have them for brand names. Cash. Beg, borrow, or steal. Pharma company assistance wouldn't likely finish the process of approval by 7/1. There have to be some inexpensive generics, even if not preferred for the condition, that can get him through for three weeks.

The one option unavailable is a Part D in effect before the first.

I have no meds T65ers wanting to roll the dice on the drug plan until the last month of IEP. With the lowest cost stand alone plan at $15 in most states it seems like a short-sighted gamble.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

If the person has EVER been in the military go to the local VA hospital and speak with the social worker. Of course take the DD214.

You can also go here Home | HealthCare.gov and see if any of the clinics can help.

A. Lack of insurance doesn't put him at risk for dying. I'm sure, like most Americans, he can put a month's medicine cost on a credit card.

B. Lack of planning (pdp enrollment in May for June 1 effective) on ones part does not constitute an emergency on Medicare's part.

A. Lack of insurance doesn't put him at risk for dying. I'm sure, like most Americans, he can put a month's medicine cost on a credit card.

B. Lack of planning (pdp enrollment in May for June 1 effective) on ones part does not constitute an emergency on Medicare's part.

Harsh but true.

Reminds me of a rebuttal that Combined Insurance sales trainers suggested we use when a prospect used the " I want to think about it " objection.

"Well Mr. Jones you can wait and I can wait but a heart attack or stroke won't wait until have you have insurance to happen" I actually never used the line but not forget it.

Bottom line is if really doesn't have the resources to pay for the drugs than chances are he should qualify for either a Guvment program, a big pharma patient assistence program or a charity that would help.

Back