No-Wait Dental for the Demanding

Okay I was off a few bucks. Delta Dental is 756 for the year with a 1 time 100 deductible and 2000 limit on coverage. so you are paying year 1 856 in order to get back 2000. That should be enough for 1 crown. Maybe.
My Manhattan policy is $46 a month. Add the $100 annual deductible and that's $652 for $1,500 of coverage.

I've given UCT another look and I'll be using them from now on. Manhattan doesn't do a good job of keeping you informed of changes.

I've been putting too much importance on the "pool of money" where vision is concerned. UCT gets to 90% in year 4 and offers up to $2,500 a year for dental/hearing aid, but's weaker on vision...but you don't have as much liability with glasses. For myself, UCT's $2,500 DVH with no deductible will be $808.68 a year for $2,500 of coverage. Also no waiting period on 1st time corrective lenses and hearing aids.

My Manhattan policy is $46 a month. Add the $100 annual deductible and that's $652 for $1,500 of coverage.

I've given UCT another look and I'll be using them from now on. Manhattan doesn't do a good job of keeping you informed of changes.

I've been putting too much importance on the "pool of money" where vision is concerned. UCT gets to 90% in year 4 and offers up to $2,500 a year for dental/hearing aid, but's weaker on vision...but you don't have as much liability with glasses. For myself, UCT's $2,500 DVH with no deductible will be $808.68 a year for $2,500 of coverage. Also no waiting period on 1st time corrective lenses and hearing aids.

Im Going to have to give that another look after AEP

Im Going to have to give that another look after AEP
I'm at 55%/7% with Manhattan(6 month advance). I'll be giving up some on FYC. UCT's at 39% FYC, 12% years 2-4, 8% years 5-14 and 6% years 15+(9 month advance). Over a 5 year span they pay the same. Even if they didn't, I'd be willing to live with less to offer better coverage.

I don't know if you do anything with Short Term Nursing Home(with HHC rider)/Recovery Care, but UCT's got the best one of those I've seen. Lifetime Max X 3. 50% FYC, 8% years 2-10, 3% years 11+.

I'm at 55%/7% with Manhattan(6 month advance). I'll be giving up some on FYC. UCT's at 39% FYC, 12% years 2-4, 8% years 5-14 and 6% years 15+(9 month advance). Over a 5 year span they pay the same. Even if they didn't, I'd be willing to live with less to offer better coverage.

I don't know if you do anything with Short Term Nursing Home(with HHC rider)/Recovery Care, but UCT's got the best one of those I've seen. Lifetime Max X 3. 50% FYC, 8% years 2-10, 3% years 11+.

Near 40% is not bad 12% 2 to 4 is sweet

Some of these companies act like they are doing you a favor with 10% for their crap plans, Spirit dental comes to mind

Does UCT require a network though?

Near 40% is not bad 12% 2 to 4 is sweet

Some of these companies act like they are doing you a favor with 10% for their crap plans, Spirit dental comes to mind

Does UCT require a network though?
Nope...no networks.

Other than the vision(UCT'S up to $150 per 24 months), the only other advantage Manhattan has is that UCT has a 3 month waiting period for preventive services. 1st year's up to $125 and after that, 1st visit up to $125/ 2nd visit up to $75.

Manhattan's pricing is a little better for kids/family plan, but we don't work that market. Other than kids, the pricing is basically equal.

I'm appointed to sell SureBridge Prime DVH (not sure about my commission level, will have to check it out). There's a 9-month wait on Type III Services, like root canals. You can use any dentist. I can't offer it to her, though as she doesn't want to wait for anything.

Issue Age - 0-90
Benefit Amount: Up to 2,000
Preventive Care: 100% from Day 1
Major Services: 60% - Year 1 – Most have a waiting period and then only 50% after year 1

I'm reading a weekly ladies' magazine and there's a blurb about dental savings plans:

https://www.samsclub.com/pharmacy/care - the dental discounts are offered through Humana and "Only residents of Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are eligible for these offers." I can't login, as I'm not a member.

deltadentalins.com/plans_costco - Program available to Costco members in AZ, CA, FL, MD, NV, OR, PA, TX and WA.

Caveat, not an agent.

I think the thing about a dental discount plan, just like insurance, is that your dentist has to accept the one you have. The dentist of the client you were concerned about when you started the thread did not accept any insurance so I doubt they would have accepted a discount plan either.

My basic issue with both the discount plans and the dvh indemnity plans is that each only provides "half" the benefit of insurance when a dentist is participating in the insurance network. The discount plan goes to the network discount side. The indemnity plan goes to the cash reimbursement side. The insurance plan, with a participating dentist provides both benefits.

In my judgement, the best solution for your original post, which I did not know until just the last few months when I have had to hunt hard for dental coverage, would have been to look for insurance that waives waiting periods with proof of prior coverage. (assuming the Cobra coverage included dental coverage.) Humana literature, for example, states that they will do that. (That is not a recommendation for Humana coverage, merely a statement that they say they will waive coverage with proof of prior insurance.) (I believe the Nationwide plan which chaz recommends also does that. And I am sure you have seen travisprice's posts about his no wait association delta dental plan.)

With your client's dentist submitting the claims to the insurance company and then requiring payment from the patient for the balance, the net result of an insurance plan or an indemnity plan is the same. There is no network discounting with either. With insurance some cash goes to the dentist and is recorded on the patient's account sheet. With DVH some cash comes to the patient. In either case, the patient will have to give the dentist some additional money.

I'm reading a weekly ladies' magazine and there's a blurb about dental savings plans:

https://www.samsclub.com/pharmacy/care - the dental discounts are offered through Humana and "Only residents of Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are eligible for these offers." I can't login, as I'm not a member.

deltadentalins.com/plans_costco - Program available to Costco members in AZ, CA, FL, MD, NV, OR, PA, TX and WA.

There must be a tremendous amount of money in Dental Discount plans. Last December several of them were being advertised with a 20% year end price discount.

When you search for dental insurance, a significant number of the links you get start out with Dental Savings Plans options.

It seems to me like the insurance companies have probably spent all the money and done all the work to get networks in place for their insurance products. The Savings Plan sales would then just be additional revenue for allowing additional consumer access to the network pricing.

Just my thoughts, don't know if it is true.

Back