Non-Compliant OEP Marketing Ad By Insurance Agency?

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Is it just me, or is the attached ad from a local insurance agency non-compliant?

The way I undestand it, agents/carriers aren't supposed to actively market the OEP the way this "expert" is. The ad is in a local weekly newspaper.

Attachments

• Scan_0116.pdf
    216.3 KB · Views: 51
Chazm said:

Doesn’t look compliant in the least bit to me. But, you know they’ll never get in trouble.

The agency in question has three offices. One of them hosts "Medicare 101" seminars Mon-Fri from 12:00-1:30pm and Tue evenings as well.

If they are such "experts," you think they'd know better than to risk it by running this ad.

Can't put annuities on same ad either I'm sure. Also, you are correct about not being able to run an ad pushing OEP. Wonder what their DOI would think, maybe you should send it and find out.

Midlevel said:

Also, you are correct about not being able to run an ad pushing OEP. Wonder what their DOI would think, maybe you should send it and find out.

The PA DOI is useless, at least with agents complaining about other agents.

And wouldn't this be more of a CMS violation, anyway?

I’m with Chazm on this one. They are not marketing a specific plan for OEP, just telling what the options are. It’s borderline, but I would imagine it could get approval

Back