Non-Resident and Appointments with Carriers

Should I get my non-resident producer license prior to contacting carriers for appointment?

Note: I already have my resident producer license.

Yes, because you can not quote a price in a state without a license from that state. Get appointed in your resident state thu.

Should I get my non-resident producer license prior to contacting carriers for appointment?

Note: I already have my resident producer license.

What state? And are you doing it as an individual or as an agency?

I'm licensed in all the surrounding states for P&C and L&H, I have like 11 total. I have an agency license in 4 states, and it was me who did them for the out of state. Maybe I can help?

Send me a PM and lemme know some information and I can try to get you some numbers.

A little off topic but if you were to get non resident license.... Would it work to get appointed with a carrier who wouldn't appoint you in the resident state because of saturated market?

A little off topic but if you were to get non resident license.... Would it work to get appointed with a carrier who wouldn't appoint you in the resident state because of saturated market?

Good luck. A lot of these companies will say to go through your normal rep in your state to get it. They usually don't like you going out of state anyway unless you are on the border, from my experience.

Though if you have business in multiple states already, that should be enough of a reason to get an appointment in all the states you want.

Back