Northwestern Mutual Financial Network

Ok Kids,

I guess I will have to get out the crayons and go slow. Apparently I touched a nerve or two.

My point was there is not one all inclusive company or product that fits everyone. I have used whole life in several deferred compensation and key employee programs because that was the best available product to meet the goal.

However MOST of the production from NWL comes from agents with less than 2 years experience and the majority of this production is not to business owners.

If it is such a great company than why do they have such a high turnover?
What happens to the clients that were sold the wrong program?
Do they get a refund?
Why is it that NWL settled over 90 class action suits last year for unethical sales?
As far as your last paragraph goes, I can name about 100 companies that can do the same thing. So what is your point?
I’m just here to help young agents pull their heads out of the sand and ask questions.

However MOST of the production from NWL comes from agents with less than 2 years experience and the majority of this production is not to business owners.

OK, I can make my font bigger than your font.

Who said that NML was the only company that serves this market...of course there are others (Guardian comes to mind).

It seems like you have some "issues" that may be legitimate...

Tell us what they are.

Ok Kids,

I guess I will have to get out the crayons and go slow. Apparently I touched a nerve or two.

No, I sell health insurance, not life insurance, got out of that game 8 years ago. No interest to me one way or the other. Just trying to help a new agent get a head's up on his new career.

My point was there is not one all inclusive company or product that fits everyone. I have used whole life in several deferred compensation and key employee programs because that was the best available product to meet the goal.

I never said that, you did. I said that there is place for whole life products in the market and certain companies tend to target those markets. Obviously since you've used it, you know where it fits and where term doesn't. So you have just contradicted your earlier post.

Can you back that up with any real facts, or did you just make that up. I do not buy that for a second. I was with NML (not NWL there's a MUTUAL in there). New agents wrote a lot of small policies, seasoned agents wrote big cases for business and estate.

If it is such a great company than why do they have such a high turnover?
No higher than any other major player - again show me how NML has higher turnover than Mass, Guardian, NYL, Pru or Met

What happens to the clients that were sold the wrong program?

They can request a reduction to term policy and refund of premium or (if beyond a certain point) cash out the cash value and covert it to term. NML always lets you go back to term

Do they get a refund?
Just explained above

Why is it that NWL settled over 90 class action suits last year for unethical sales?
Because they don't keep an eye on guys like David Stinnett, Tom Lipscomb or Dan Burnnett. Pru has been hammered much worse and then there's Allianz....

As far as your last paragraph goes, I can name about 100 companies that can do the same thing. So what is your point?
The point is that you can do it, with whatever carrier and create a very nice product at a very affordable rate.
I’m just here to help young agents pull their heads out of the sand and ask questions.

Really, I didn't see that in your post. I saw helpful information in everyone else's post, here let me quote it for you:

"What a load of BS.
If you are having to use that outdates closing BS on people then you are not doing what is in their best interest. Permanente life has it usefulness but not the way it is crammed down poor unsuspecting clients throats. Sometimes term is what the client needs."

How exactly does this help the OP on this thread??

One thing I've noticed about your five posts on this forum, none offer any insight or information, you just complain about sh*t

Go back to your crayons and coloring book now.

I want to thank all of you for your advise especially Dave020, by the way I bought the book. I'm going to be working for NMFN out of the Blumberg Group in Montvale, NJ.

Again thanks.

Vinny

I am in the process of completing the interview process with Northwestern Mutual, have completed my life and health test, and am studying for the series 6. I've been offered another position and am considering quiting with Northwestern. What training expenses would need to be paid back should I choose to do this? I seem to remember them saying that I would have to pay back for the study guides... Thanks for your help!

The problem is I dont want to send up any red flags, especially this early in the game should I stay with the company. I was hoping that someone here had/is working with Northwestern would know the answer!

Just tell them that you need a copy of your contract for your personal file. They expect you to be a planner, so be a planner and get your contract in your file.

When I declined a position with them to go with a local independent they looked at me like I was an ***. My advice...you're less likely to send up red flags now than if you ask for your contract in a few months.

Latest posts

Back