Not Quite an Agent Yet!

Only you can control that. The key is, to quote the drunk :1biggrin:, "Apptivity".

Once you start, your job is to find suspects, turn them into qualified prospects and turn them into clients. Nothing else. Your desk does not need to be cleaned, let a foot of dust collect on it. You don't need to be particularly organized, especially if you are doing that organizing during working hours. And the last thing you need to do is to spend time on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. trying to find business. Also, forget about this forum during business hours. Spend your time finding suspects, meeting them on a favorable basis and turning them into clients.

I live in Tampa!!! There are TONS of "suspects" here to be turned into potential clients. For some odd reason I really want to do alot of B2B cold knocking and even D2D. Figure at least strike up some small talk and introduce myself, then make it a regular habit to make them even more relaxed.

It has been a while since I've posted an update here but after a month and a half of interviewing with AGLA I was offered a position with them. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. My start date with AGLA is June 3rd.

I'm going to continue to work as a Bail Bondsman during the weekends at my current office. I've learned that by my bail clients coming to me it is very easy for me to transgress into life insurance questions. Since I don't start until the 3rd of June I've basically been prospecting and just getting contact info and letting my clients know that I will be touching base with them in a few weeks. I currently have about 30 prospects lines up.

Since I've been in my 3 weeks notice, the manager at my current office asked me today if I really want to start into something else, she said that after a year I will be begging to come back. I certainly hope that is not the case, especially since I'm prospecting while at work.

I will let everyone know how it goes. I really do appreciate this forum since it is full of great advice.

..........Since I've been in my 3 weeks notice, the manager at my current office asked me today if I really want to start into something else, she said that after a year I will be begging to come back. I certainly hope that is not the case, especially since I'm prospecting while at work.........

Sounds to me like she doesn't want to lose you.

I'm going to continue to work as a Bail Bondsman during the weekends at my current office. I've learned that by my bail clients coming to me it is very easy for me to transgress into life insurance questions. Since I don't start until the 3rd of June I've basically been prospecting and just getting contact info and letting my clients know that I will be touching base with them in a few weeks. I currently have about 30 prospects lines up.

If you are talking about the folks that have been arrested, you will have problems getting them issued through AGLA, especially if they have a felony conviction.. Would not think that clientele would have a very good persistency and that is something you have to keep an eye on in order to stay in the bonus box.

If you are talking about the folks that have been arrested, you will have problems getting them issued through AGLA, especially if they have a felony conviction.. Would not think that clientele would have a very good persistency and that is something you have to keep an eye on in order to stay in the bonus box.

No, I'm not referring to the persons that have been arrested. I'm speaking with the families. But, just because somebody has been arrested doesn't make them a bad person or uninsurable. Most people are good people who just make a mistake. The majority of my bonds are stupid charges.

No, I'm not referring to the persons that have been arrested. I'm speaking with the families. But, just because somebody has been arrested doesn't make them a bad person or uninsurable. Most people are good people who just make a mistake. The majority of my bonds are stupid charges.

Pending felony charges is pretty much going to make you uninsurable for fully underwritten business, a la AGLA. Maybe the families, but your charges aren't going to be buying much insurance until it is over.

Pending felony charges is pretty much going to make you uninsurable for fully underwritten business, a la AGLA. Maybe the families, but your charges aren't going to be buying much insurance until it is over.

With AGLA that means when the sentence has been served and any probation is completed.. I was able to get one fellow on felony probation issued at standard rates but it was a very unusual case.

Back