Not writing any health business. Whats happening?

Wanted to check on Golddoor to see how he is doing! By the by, I did find a microbusiness list using Reference USA. It's going well so far.

supergirl said:
Wanted to check on Golddoor to see how he is doing! By the by, I did find a microbusiness list using Reference USA. It's going well so far.

Did you go through your library and get it for free? If so a big thumbs up!

Yes, telemarketing is a good way to go. I believe this thread and others have everything you need. Such as Library sources that will give you all the contacts you can handle. Telephone scripts that will work, you may have to tweak them to suit your personality. Its just a matter of doing it, that is where most fail, they simply don't plan and if they do they don't do the plan.

This is what I advise, go out to your library, hopefully they have online resources as others have already linked too, go ask your librarian, the one that sits at the Reference Desk. You'll want Criss Cross and the Business Section, they'll have Polk or others depending. If they have online resources that's great. List businessses such as you're doing now, micro small businesses of 1-10 people. Some how, however is best for you list names, addresses, phone numbers, size of group and various other things that you think will be helpful.

That is the easy part, now study a simple phone script. Remember you don't want to sell on the phone just get an apointment to meet owner or whomever and show them your ability to help them with the Health Insurance or whatever you're peddling such as DI or LTC.

Now I highly advice you set out a 5yr, 2yr, 1yr and a 6 month goal that you can obtain or what you would like to obtain. After that come up with a strict Day to Day Scheldule at least two weeks in length. Now you have to stick to your scheldule, when you wake up and go to work wherever that may be do your Daily To Do List! Of course your DD List should reflect activities that your scheldule dictates. You see this is because as a independent rep you have no one to demand you to do activities, you have to be your own boss and in everycase if you don't plan and create your own work scheldule you'll fail to do it!

That is the first half in a nutshell, of course the second half is just as important. Such as the actual apointments and follow ups. Yet though if you do a do-to-list and actually make the calls you'll have apointments, then you simply come back and get instructions.

Now that'll be $2,995.00, please no personal checks, a Money Order or Bank Check will be fine.

How about the second half of the course?:cool:

Sales Mythology, what I hear many promoting here is the idea of selling based on ones own idea and desires. Take a look at some people (even though they may be succesful) that only sell Major Medical, even they admit they run into people that don't want MM yet they state they refuse to sell anything else base on their ideas that it isn't correct. Now you have the Terminites within the Life side of the business that quite loudly scream from the hilltops and their Ivory Towers that the sale of anything but Term is "Evil", well maybe worst than evil whatever that may be?

Now for myself, I'm very eclectic in my approach, basically I wait to hear what the client says before I make any specific approach. Selling Life is much broader than the Medical side or at least IMHO. First off I can go with Term, WL or UL, if the need arises I can move into LTCi or DI if that is what the client is really thinking about. Or I can mix it up any damn way I please! Some clients want you to get down too business right away, nothing wrong with that! Others want to talk and tell you about their dreams, kids, dogs or what have you.

However you do it, by letting the people tell you what they really want is a sure way of getting all available money that is on the table. I find most want Insurance for life and Insurance for a certain time, basically a WL and Term mix. Now finding the correct balance is the only science involved. Their is no correct questions I can think of, something like "Sir/Mam, what to you expect Life Insurance can do for you?" Now I'm assuming you're pitching a individual in this approach, it varies slightly if you are in someones business. Likely than I'll go with the 5 Way upfront and the owner will key in on one of the 5. Death, DI, InVoluntary sale or Bankruptcy, Voluntarily Sale or Retireing, obviously that approach is more upfront and in your face but it does work no matter how old school.

Ps now this is a short late night version, I'll give you a break here and the cost is only $994.95!

Sales Mythology, what I hear many promoting here is the idea of selling based on ones own idea and desires. Take a look at some people (even though they may be succesful) that only sell Major Medical, even they admit they run into people that don't want MM yet they state they refuse to sell anything else base on their ideas that it isn't correct. Now you have the Terminites within the Life side of the business that quite loudly scream from the hilltops and their Ivory Towers that the sale of anything but Term is "Evil", well maybe worst than evil whatever that may be?

Now for myself, I'm very eclectic in my approach, basically I wait to hear what the client says before I make any specific approach. Selling Life is much broader than the Medical side or at least IMHO. First off I can go with Term, WL or UL, if the need arises I can move into LTCi or DI if that is what the client is really thinking about. Or I can mix it up any damn way I please! Some clients want you to get down too business right away, nothing wrong with that! Others want to talk and tell you about their dreams, kids, dogs or what have you.

However you do it, by letting the people tell you what they really want is a sure way of getting all available money that is on the table. I find most want Insurance for life and Insurance for a certain time, basically a WL and Term mix. Now finding the correct balance is the only science involved. Their is no correct questions I can think of, something like "Sir/Mam, what to you expect Life Insurance can do for you?" Now I'm assuming you're pitching a individual in this approach, it varies slightly if you are in someones business. Likely than I'll go with the 5 Way upfront and the owner will key in on one of the 5. Death, DI, InVoluntary sale or Bankruptcy, Voluntarily Sale or Retireing, obviously that approach is more upfront and in your face but it does work no matter how old school.

Ps now this is a short late night version, I'll give you a break here and the cost is only $994.95!

:swoon:Can I pay on installment? I shall internalize your wisdom and pass it on to a new generation in the future.

James, I have been going through the old posts and you have deposited some gold in them thar hills.

I like the 5 ways method, from what I have seen. In another thread you discussed emp. benes as a way to increase the return on voluntary sale.

I guess BOE is how you address bankruptcy.

James -- Can you please discuss the science of term-perm ratio? Also, how about having the discussion in a new thread under life? Unless you want future newbies to delve into every old tread to find these nuggets...

Back