Not writing any health business. Whats happening?

supergirl said:
You should be going into 80 to 100 businesses per day.

OK Guys, I need help. This is my second week doing B2B. Today, I was only able to hit 2 real estate offices and 10 businesses in a little over an hour. My second hour, I rode around looking for high business areas that were not chain stores; I was only able to hit 8 stores. I live in Houston and went to an outskirt town that I thought would not be saturated, but the businesses I am targeting are few and far between. I have read the posts and obviously I am not being as productive as I need to be. I was thinking that maybe I should telemarket and once I set up some appointments try to hit businesses near there.

Does anyone know of mentoring group I can contact? I have read the posts and followed them, but it seems as if I am missing something. Thanks for all your help and advice. By the way, are there any other lady agents on this board?

Okay I miss something here, you are in Houston and you're finding it hard to locate businesses to pitch too??? Now I know Houston exactly what part are you prospecting in? I used to live in Pearland and Missouri City, back in the 70's these places were small, now Pearland High School has more kids in it then Maryville TN! So I can't believe you are looking too hard.

I think you need to first, find places on a map by using the libary system that I know is online. Go down and get you a library card and then go to the Reference Section and ask the libarian there what you want, resources for small businesses, they will let you know what you have to do to use the online resources. Go to those resources the night before your B2B activity and find 100 businesses close in vicinity of 1-5 employees, earlier in the thread this was discussed at some length. Then the day of prospecting won't be wasted on looking! You may not hit all 100, that is fine but hit as many as you can, really 50 shouldn't be hard in an around Houston TX!!!

Plus I'll probably be down your way next month visiting family.

Okay I miss something here, you are in Houston and you're finding it hard to locate businesses to pitch too???
There are several businesses to pitch to, but I thought another post I read said to hit microbusinesses that are not chains. Yes! those are hard to find in Houston. That is why I went out to the outskirts. Do I need to hit the metro area or pull up microbiz and call them.

For you, anything.
:oops: You are so kind!

Maybe we can have lunch if you are not busy.

John, that's a nice hanger! I like it.

What was the final verdict on penguin flyers? I liked those too.

Pros:

3 cents a pop with a .05% return. 2,000 hangers = 10 leads = 2 deals.
Total cost is $60. It's obviously non-confrontational so if you hate telemarketing or B to B then maybe you can just dedicate 3 hours a day to this. At 200 per hour that's 3,000 a week and around 3 deals.

Cons:

Putting them up is labor intensive. Don't even attempt it if you're can't get out at least 2,000 per week. Putting up 500 or so might be zero leads. You need townhouse areas so you can get up 150/200 per hour.

Hiring kids to do it is a nightmare. They're slow and don't put them on the doors properly which means they fall or blow off. Then you have them scattered all over people's lawns and you'll most definitely be getting calls.

supergirl said:
Okay I miss something here, you are in Houston and you're finding it hard to locate businesses to pitch too???
There are several businesses to pitch to, but I thought another post I read said to hit microbusinesses that are not chains. Yes! those are hard to find in Houston. That is why I went out to the outskirts. Do I need to hit the metro area or pull up microbiz and call them.

For you, anything.
:oops: You are so kind!

Maybe we can have lunch if you are not busy.

How many people live in the greater Houston area now? 4 million or something like that, now I'm thinking you need to learn how to look! I would highly suggest the library and resource section.

There are several businesses to pitch to, but I thought another post I read said to hit microbusinesses that are not chains.

now I'm thinking you need to learn how to look!

Are you saying how to look to go B2B or telemarket? I need an understanding on how to be productive going B2B.

You can't be productive going B to B unless you hit a lot of businesses. The return is just too low to hit 20 or 30 places in a day. In my experience if you can't hit at least 60 places in a day you won't see the results.

There is no magic to B to B:

"Hi, I'm John Petrowsk with Health Solutions and I'm out today letting everyone know about the newest health insurance plans out by Time Insurance, Blue Cross, Aetna, United Healthcare. I'm offering free quotes. Do you have group or your own coverage?"

It's not rocket science.

You might want to mix B to B with telemarketing. When you're new you have nothing to do but market, so market all day.

On some days I'm out in the morning for doorhangers, then B to B mixed with flyers.

Back