Of Course Obamacare is Working. It Just Takes Time.

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
We need to cover 47 million people. Thus far I understand we've enrolled something around 30,000 or so (not counting the 4 billion CA is claiming).

So it's not like it's not working, it will just take 50+ years to get everyone enrolled.

Patience is a virtue.

Rick

I'm willing to guess that most people will just pay the penalty.
All of my friends and family that do not have insurance thought they wanted it until they saw the premiums. Though the penalties in 2015+ might make them think again.

Doh! Drivers are required to have auto insurance, yet something like 30% of the drivers on the road are uninsured. People either truly don't have the money or chose to have other priorities with their limited funds.

Liability only auto insurance is usually far cheaper than their health premium. When you think about this, you realize that this really doesn't work, until someone needs to register their car OR now, go to the doctors.

Of course the people previously uninsured will still be uninsured, unless its paid for by others. Yes, I do realize a few were denied coverage previously and can now get a policy, but that is the small minority of the '53 Million'.

Dan

Have you noticed there is almost nothing in the news about "glitches". Almost like there is a gag order about anything related to healthcare.gov

Have you noticed there is almost nothing in the news about "glitches". Almost like there is a gag order about anything related to healthcare.gov

I saw a bit, but the government shutdown has dominated the news. Sadly, the Republicans really got in their own way on this one.

We need to cover 47 million people. Thus far I understand we've enrolled something around 30,000 or so (not counting the 4 billion CA is claiming).

So it's not like it's not working, it will just take 50+ years to get everyone enrolled.

Patience is a virtue.

Rick

Rick your wrong it won't take anywhere near that long. There is a bell curve as people who need coverage continue to apply and wait expectantly at the screen as directed many millions will die of thirst patiently awaiting the response from obamacare so pretty soon every is covered or dead.

575697_10151624448226739_485467646_n.jpg

Patience is a virtue.

Rick

As long as it can cover even one person, it was all worth it.

Back