Ohio is there a Gurantee Issue Medicare Supplement Company

Question to the forum:

In Ohio is there a GI Company like Blue Cross and Shield where they do not ask Medical Questions on the application. In NJ BCBS takes all comers, no questions ask. I do not see BCBS on my quote engine.

Client is currently on a Medicare Supplement and is unable to answer medical questions.

Medical Mutual is offering no health questions on their Medicare Supplement policies if you are currently in a Supplement for a few months. Their premiums are low as well. Yes, I said no health questions and it also includes Silver Sneakers Gym membership. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Medical Mutual is offering no health questions on their Medicare Supplement policies if you are currently in a Supplement for a few months. Their premiums are low as well. Yes, I said no health questions and it also includes Silver Sneakers Gym membership. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Would’ve been nice for them to communicate this via an e-mail to the agents, unless I missed it, this is the first I’ve heard of it.

Is this new?

Just had a client declined with another carrier...

Several BX plans did this back in 2010 and 11 . . . same time as the plan N party with another carrier.

The party did not end well for either carrier.

Those that do not know the past are doomed to repeat it.

Also, Medical Mutual increased their broker commissions as well. I think the risk pool will be ok. All the people have to come from a Supplement, so their coverage is currently covering them well. I think it would be worse if they were coming from a MA to a Supplement with no health questions. I am sure they are doing this because United Healthcare changed their Silver Sneakers program. I am getting so many people wanting to switch to Medical Mutual and all their supplements have the Silver Sneakers Program.

Question to the forum:

In Ohio is there a GI Company like Blue Cross and Shield where they do not ask Medical Questions on the application. In NJ BCBS takes all comers, no questions ask. I do not see BCBS on my quote engine.

Client is currently on a Medicare Supple
ment and is unable to answer medical questions.

BCBS did that in my state and ended up having to substantially raise prices.

Not worth it if you are worried about the long term for your clients. Agents will only add their riskiest clients to the pool.

Back