Ohio National - Best 10 year term?

Re: ohio national - best 10yr term?

I know plenty of companies that advertise great rates than rate up the client in underwriting. Ohio Nat'l can even be this way. They are my primary life carrier, not because they have the best rates, but because I get treated right, they are a client friendly company, and their products are competitive. Beyond just term price, also look at convertability options into permanent products. If I have a case that I know won't favor Ohio National due to a certain condition or situation, then I go to my MGA and find a better fitting carrier.

Well, it is the carrier formerly known as First Colony, at least until they got tied up with an outfit that makes light bulbs and refrigerators ;).

Dave

no really....why would anyone recommend 10 year term....

I had a 10-year term case recently. Guy was 55-years old. Had all his whole-life insurance already in place. He has retirement money in place. But he was thinking of buying a $100,000 term policy that was being offered as an employee benefit at his work. Just additional insurance to help his wife get by without his income in case he died during his working years. It was very cheap in his opinion.

I showed him he could buy an individual 10-year term policy for the same amount for even less with a little underwriting. He liked it and went for it. 20-year term jacked the price up too much in his opinion.

He not only bought it but sent me several referals of his co-workers.

I don't do much term. So far I've only used West Coast life. I'd like some opinions on who has good underwriting/customer service.

John Hancock specializes in people who are old, rich and sick. You will "always" get an underwriting offer.

Latest posts

Back