Old_Watchman

Thank you for the advice. I want to learn as much as i can. Right now I am hoping to just keep my head above water long enough to get back on my feet.
I have just read some of the past posts about naa on this forum. I undrstand that the top guys, including the couple in Dallas, are going to make a lot of money off of me. What I need to know is whether I can do this with naa for a while and sell an honest product. I am not happy about paying so much for the leads as a number of people have noted. It seems that the Dallas group gets good leads, maybe because they are making a ton of money for the big guys, and this is a huge growth market.
Thank you again, Rick, for the input.

Sounds to me like your back's up against the wall, and you need a quick way out. If that's the case, I would go to WalMart, or Sam's Club, and get a job with benefits to help you get started. Not a put down, just a suggestion to help you get insurance. Then take some time and read this forum. Start here Becoming a health insurance agent - Insurance Agent Forum. Keep in mind, most are here to help. Depending on the market you are trying to pursue, this may, or may not, be a slow time of the year for you. The first of the year, things tend to pick up. It's not so much NAA's products, but the way the product is presented and sold.

Nor would I agree on much of what Rick had to say. Just thought I would say that before I go and lay my body down.

Okay, another cup of coffee might just do the trick here? I would think that the age issue is not really relevant here at all. Personally I would think that a older person can relate to a younger person quite well, esp. on financial issues and of course insurance issues. What is the old saying? Something about wisdom and age??? Don't seem to hold true for me but for others it is suppose to help.

I personally think that the Mortgage Protection market, if played correctly is the number one market out there and likely the easiest to quickly get a person established in the business of insurance. Now let us just take the NAA model off the table, its nothing more then BS. Mortgage, how many people have mortgages? Alot, at least the last time I looked at the figures. Even with today increase of foreclosures, I think that the percentage of Americans that own their home is still at record highs.

Oh well, that is all that cup of coffee gets ya tonight.

Gentlemen, I do appreciate the inpute. I have been in Christian ministry as a teacher/lecturer and researcher/writer for many years. The ministry took a hard hit with 9/11 and subsequent years and I was laid off, permanently.
I am used to talking to people in large and small groups and have spent countless hours counselling. I am hoping my easy going and no pressure style will make up for age. I have white hair and mustache/beard (I should seek a job as Santa) and have that wise old owl thing going for me.
I am very concerned with honesty issues. If we (my young doctor friend, Nick, and myself and a few others cannot find a comfort level with NAA we will leave it.
I have been a Christian apologist for years dealing with cultists who can be very belligerent and I got off to a bad start with some of you fellas. I apologize to you for my knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) reaction to your initial posts. I appreciate the advice from you all. I will hang around a while.
There is wisdom in the counsel of many. And I know there is a lot of wisdom here.

Back