Online Apps

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy said:
Told you I was in the minority.

LTCi is different than Health, as well. I look at it as a way to make it easier on the client. If someone does not have their Physician's info right then and there, this gives them the time to find it, without someone sitting there, waiting for it.

As for filling out paperwork at the doctors office, I'm sure if someone is old, frail, or infirmed, then, yes the paperwork would be filled out by the practice manager. It's funny, my mom and dad took me to the doctor for 18 yrs, and they had to fill out the paperwork.

When someone fills out an app on line they get a confirmation code immediately. Proof that it has been submitted. I also get a copy, so I know when they have filled it out.

Gee, BC wanting to take an app over the phone, rather than having a rep come by and see you! What a shock!

I guess I'll contact my old GA at Berkshire (member of MDRT for 18 yrs) and tell him the advice he gave me when I got into the business was wrong, and that having someone complete their own application for coverage is wrong.

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

I WILL FILL OUT THEIR APPLICATIONS FOR THEM

I WILL FIND THEIR PHYSICIANS' ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR THEM

TO SAVE THEM POSTAGE, I WILL DRIVE HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES TO PICK UP THEIR APPLICATION, SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO WALK TO THE POST OFFICE TO MAIL THE LETTER, AND STRAIN THEIR FINGERS APPLYING THE STICKY STAMP (it only takes 3 hrs to get from Atlanta to Augusta)

NO MORE MAKING THEM DO ANYTHING FOR THEMSELVES. I WILL DO EVERYTHING FOR THEM. THEY WILL RESPECT ME MORE FOR IT

Gosh, I wanna thank you guys for changing my paradigm.

Smartass! Hey, I wasn't trying to belittle you or anything and if it came off that way then I apologize...if I've learned anything in this biz in the short amount of time I've been in the game is that there is no one size fits all system...if it works for you than all the more power to you buddy!

somarco said:
Mojo -

Some carriers "prohibit" the agent from completing the app. KP is one of them, Blue is another. This extends to the online version as well. Even though you can do the online apps for both carriers completely online for your client, the carrier has issued express warnings against this.

Other carriers such as Aetna, Time & Golden Rule (UHC) allow the agent to start the app online and then turn it over to the applicant (via email) for final review, signatures & submission.

Most of my apps are done over the phone, via fax & email. When the rules are bent I always have a paper app in the clients handwriting and signed as a back up.

This is true...fortunately the carrier I submit most of my business to has no problem with that as long as all questions are asked and all conditions are submitted. I've submitted Aetna apps (a few) by having the client fill out the app, fax back to me, then go over it with them by phone to make sure everything is correctly filled out. So, you're right...it definitely matters on the carrier and their preferences.

Assurant even goes one step further; for all apps submitted online the client not only has to "E-sign" after they review the app question by question but they also have to sign and return an "offer to accept/attest" that comes with their policy. Their policy includes the printed version of the application, the client must review it for accuracy, then sign and return the form. If that's not covering your ass I don't know what is.

Back