Opinions on what is expected with the final rule for Medicare

The mapd and medicaid are administered by the same carrier so coordination of benefits is seamless . 70% of all dsnp’s are not integrated . For instance in the state of Indiana for 2025 dsnp members are getting letters which of 3 big carriers they want as their Medicaid provider. If they choose a different one than their present dsnp in Jan they will be enrolled in their new dsnp to align with their new Medicaid . If they do nothing then there present dsnp carrier should align with there Medicaid with the same carrier

In Texas, the ONLY Duals that are integrated are the MQMB Star Plus folks, typically those on SSI and very low incomes, roughly $931/mo for a single income.
I’m unsure if they are responding to those who are QMB-entitled, which is slightly more income.

In Texas, the ONLY Duals that are integrated are the MQMB Star Plus folks, typically those on SSI and very low incomes, roughly $931/mo for a single income.
I’m unsure if they are responding to those who are QMB-entitled, which is slightly more income.
There talking full duals with no cost sharing . Partial duals are just regular plans with more benefits . Another interesting thing in the new rules is no dsnp ppo cost sharing to Medicaid in 2026 for the yr of network .

I'll be retired in 3-5 years, so in 2025 all dsnp members can only switch plans like all mapd members
I’m interested in the retiring in 3 -5 years part. I’m only 55 but people ask me when I’m going to retire and I say I never will. I can’t imagine giving up over 100.00/hr just on referrals and quiting. It don’t matter if I go golf or spend a week in Mexico I’m still getting paid and really only work 7 weeks a year. I could retire now but how does someone give up this easy money and lifestyle we lead? It’s not like I hate my job or anything and what other profession pays you whether you work or not? I am really struggling with it as a lot of my friends are talking retirement and it hasn’t even crossed my mind.

Honestly when i see the renewals hit every month i have to pinch myself . I which i had got in medicare in 2010-2014 instead of 2021. I have no doubt I’d be making 7 figs on my own pen and Mid 7 figs having recruited an army of agents.

I’m interested in the retiring in 3 -5 years part. I’m only 55 but people ask me when I’m going to retire and I say I never will. I can’t imagine giving up over 100.00/hr just on referrals and quiting. It don’t matter if I go golf or spend a week in Mexico I’m still getting paid and really only work 7 weeks a year. I could retire now but how does someone give up this easy money and lifestyle we lead? It’s not like I hate my job or anything and what other profession pays you whether you work or not? I am really struggling with it as a lot of my friends are talking retirement and it hasn’t even crossed my mind.
I will sell my medicare BOB, I am 62, I have a number of rentals that are very passive , I got other things in life I want to do than think about what the government is going to do next, I want to hike the A.T. end to end, I want to ride rail trails on my road bike and gravel bike and the best single track places on my mt bike in this country, my wife beat cancer going through that changes allot,at my FRA my SS is max out so I work till then, and sell, I agree this is simple money but at some point it will be time to just be done, at least for me

Honestly when i see the renewals hit every month i have to pinch myself . I which i had got in medicare in 2010-2014 instead of 2021. I have no doubt I’d be making 7 figs on my own pen and Mid 7 figs having recruited an army of agents.
Are you adding an extra zero again or are you gonna be making millions a year? I don’t need that much, I like having a life and can’t come close to spending what I already make. I started in 2000 and not making anywhere near a million a year.

I will sell my medicare BOB, I am 62, I have a number of rentals that are very passive , I got other things in life I want to do than think about what the government is going to do next, I want to hike the A.T. end to end, I want to ride rail trails on my road bike and gravel bike and the best single track places on my mt bike in this country, my wife beat cancer going through that changes allot,at my FRA my SS is max out so I work till then, and sell, I agree this is simple money but at some point it will be time to just be done, at least for me
Makes sense. I will just struggle knowing I would make way more just keeping my license and working the 7 weeks a year. Maybe I’m greedy. Like you said, health can change everything. When is enough enough. Good for you!

Are you adding an extra zero again or are you gonna be making millions a year? I don’t need that much, I like having a life and can’t come close to spending what I already make. I started in 2000 and not making anywhere near a million a year.
No I believe with 3 assistant/loa agents to mange the book as i sold i could be at 3k policy’s . I’m already over 1000 in 3 1/2 yrs . Now this would have taken working 60 hrs a week for 12-14 yrs . It would have been tough . My loa agents would have done all my service work and rewrites leaving me to just sell . I’d also sell 150 plus life a yr . I have no interest in doing that now as I’m looking at being out of this as far as selling hard in 1-2 yrs and then just sitting at hone taking calls and working 8-10 referrals a month and letting my book dwindle . I’ll Move a few policy’s aep and just let the book peel down

No I believe with 3 assistant/loa agents to mange the book as i sold i could be at 3k policy’s . I’m already over 1000 in 3 1/2 yrs . Now this would have taken working 60 hrs a week for 12-14 yrs . It would have been tough . My loa agents would have done all my service work and rewrites leaving me to just sell . I’d also sell 150 plus life a yr . I have no interest in doing that now as I’m looking at being out of this as far as selling hard in 1-2 yrs and then just sitting at hone taking calls and working 8-10 referrals a month and letting my book dwindle . I’ll Move a few policy’s aep and just let the book peel down
I’ve never worked more than 45 hours a week for 23 years. I choose family over work but have done just fine. I work maybe 30 hrs other then AEP. Like I said when is enough enough?

I’ve never worked more than 45 hours a week for 23 years. I choose family over work but have done just fine. I work maybe 30 hrs other then AEP. Like I said when is enough enough?

Well I’m divorced long before I got in Medicare and if I were married it’d be impossible to stay married doing what I’ve done . I had a plan to grow fast . But I agree when you get to this you want that and it will never end . I’m fine being at were I’m at and just want to maintain . I’m only in field 3 days a week . When sept 1st hits its back to 7 days till Dec 7 th .

Back