Out of Pocket vs. Deductible

Well this is interesting . . .

clicking here . . .

shows a button for the Independent Health Insurance Agent Association which takes me here . . .

and if I have questions, I am to call 410-874-7241.

When I Google that number to find out who is behind the IHIAA I get this.

How about a Humana plan where the ded is 2500k/5k and the oop is 1k/2k?

This is an existing group plan that was dropped in my lap this afternoon. The client is unhappy with the renewal rate. Unfortunately, the rate increase is effective 3-1. He sat on the letter for a month.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? (yeah, I know, call Bob!):idea:

He is willing to sign an AOR. Is this a problem with Humana?

Take the AOR. Humana should honor it (if you are appointed with them).

You might be able to move him to another plan with Humana which saves shopping it around. Find out what his hot button is (other than the rate is too high).

But get the AOR. At least that way you are getting paid while you shop it.

How about a Humana plan where the ded is 2500k/5k and the oop is 1k/2k?

This is an existing group plan that was dropped in my lap this afternoon. The client is unhappy with the renewal rate. Unfortunately, the rate increase is effective 3-1. He sat on the letter for a month.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? (yeah, I know, call Bob!):idea:

He is willing to sign an AOR. Is this a problem with Humana?
It would appear that the OOP description is after the deductible. As far as an AOR, I don't believe any company would not honor it on a group.

If there are only a couple of people, an HSA might work. If there are 10 or more, look into an HRA.

Rick

Thanks guys.

I thought the carriers wanted business submitted by the 15th for effective coverage on the 1st of the following month. Will I have a problem with dates?

His enrollment is shown as Dec 2007 and his new rate is effective March 1.

Won't there be a problem switching policies?

Check with you carrier, it probably varies by state. In CA, you have to the 5th business day of the month to get it in for a 1st of that same month start date. Sometimes during focal review, they even extend that out to like the 15th or 20th. So you might have time to get a 3/1.

Dave

PS - yes whenenver you see OOPM lower than the deductible like the one you described, that always means it is after the deductible and not inclusive.

Latest posts

Back