Out of State marketing

Well, I graduated from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. The founder of that school was the Reverend Russell H. Conwell who aquired the funds to start the school by going around the country delivering his famous speech "Acres of Diamonds" over 6.000 times. It later was published in book form. The following is excerpted from Wikipedia.org.:

Acres of Diamonds
Acres of Diamonds originated as a speech which Conwell delivered over 6,000 times around the world; it was eventually published as delivered in Conwell's home town, Philadelphia.[1]
The central idea of the work is that one need not look elsewhere for opportunity, achievement, or fortune -- the resources to achieve all good things are present in your own community. This theme is developed by an introductory anecdote, told to Conwell by an Arab guide, about a man who wanted to find diamonds so badly that he sold his property and went off in futile search for them; the new owner of his home discovered that a rich diamond mine was located right there on the property. Conwell elaborates on the theme through examples of success, genius, service, or other virtues involving ordinary Americans contemporary to his audience: "dig in your own back-yard!".
Conwell's capacity to establish Temple University and his other civic projects largely derived from the income that he earned from this speech.

Note: Italics are mine

Last edited:
Imagine calling a Maryland lead and hearing they currently have Optimum Choice. How would you respond?

Client: I have Optimum Choice.
Agent: Really!!!!! Isn't that the name of the lead robot in the movie Transformers?

:wacko:

Lol, or the client says they have Personal Comp, or Blue Choice. You have to know the market. That doesn't mean you can't sell in other states. Just study the plans that are available.

California doesn't have annulized commissions. IF anyone wants to jumpstart their insurance agency for health they need to look elsewhere.

Dig in other people's backyard...

GreenSky (quote)
Also, I rarely write the "Blues" but focus on the Farm Bureau Plan and Health Net. They have better prices and better plans. Blue Cross and Blue Shield have well over half of the business here. When I speak with someone that has coverage, I usually can show them better alternatives by not being "stuck in the Blues."

Rick, which are your plans of choice between the two (Health Net & Nwide)? Do you show one of the companies more than the other? I have been calling small business' lately, and they all seem to have either the Blues or Kaiser. I like your idea of showing HNet & Nwide.

Are you going after Ind. or Grp?

Thanks ... John

Back