Overcome Their Objectives?? (Example is Price)

This is from Ari Galper's Unlock the Game.

Myth 4 Part 1 - Overcoming Objections - Ari Galper's Unlock The Game

Basically Ari breaks down the usual cycle of overcoming objections, using price as the example. I thought since alot of us come across this objection the most I would post this 4 minute little excerpt.

Instead of defending your price, you reacknowledge and agree with them about how the price "CAN be PERCEIVED as being to expensive", if you can do this genuinely,
1. Build more rapport.
2. Gets them thinking about "what" they said
3. Gets them to come out and explain their reasoning more which re-engages the conversation.

I would after re-engagement question them on the value they originally saw or agreed upon for the item. Instead of telling, asking a question allows the prospect to think to themselves about the value of the "objective".
If a prospect, or anyone is asked a question, the prospect asks themselves the question in order to answer it, if they answer your question, within their head they are answering their own reiterated question, which subconsciously allows them to overcome their own concern because they trust the answer they give themselves. The trick is to frame the question in a way that places more value upon what your trying to sell.

This is the reason why therapists won't tell a person what is wrong with them, because as Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan says,
"Human beings love to be told what to do, but they love even more to fight and not do what they are told, and thus they get entangled in hating the one who told them in the first place."
If a therapist is asking their patient a question, then that therapist is trying to lead (Almost Socratically) the person around to discovering the answer for themselves, building more of a link between the answer to the perfectly framed question.

So your job is to figure out how to frame a question that makes the prospect consider the value of why they allowed your to talk to them in the first place, or filled out the information, or sent in the card etc.

Hope this helps. I have a psychology background and I found this educating, didn't you?

;-)

Back