P&C sold over the phone

It happens, even many carriers turn their head when they know its happening, but I still don't know a carrier in California that I can get appointed with that doesn't require an inspection.

esurance writes policies without an inspection, but I can't get appointed. Unitrin direct does it, but that is only direct, again, I can't get appointed. Progressive does for their direct online policies, but I believe for agents, they still require an inspection (I've only done commercial through them).

Now, I can get everything signed after the bind with most carriers. Well, everything but the check, that has to be first :)

If I wrote 12-15K policies a month, I might have a little pull on getting modified contracts. Heck, how does anyone write this many? How do you manage them?

Dan
No need to manage them, the carrier does all all for them. In any case, if you wrie in more than one state, you will likely get the same deals. But, to begin with, it IS very difficult to get direct contracts as a brand new agency. You might have to use an MGA for awhile, then get direct contracts.

Back