Pandora's Box is now open...

Who is the easier sell... a perspective client... or

and new insurance agent?? :huh:

Now there is question that will get me into trouble. ;)
Well, following the logic that a sale is always made (either the agent sells the client on buying today, or the client sells the agent on not buying today), I'd say the average new agent is the easier sale.

I think the new agent will be sold most of the time.

Closing is kind of like doing a dance. I heard this a looooong time ago, "Once you've done all you need to do and "ask" for the sale...SHUT UP!!! The 1st person to speak loses". I've found this to be so true. Sometimes it gets awkward after 10-15 minutes of neither one of you speaking. Some of these people have a lot f experience at not buying. :laugh:

When I was young, I "talked myself out of a lot of sales". Eventually, I learned "when to shut up". :yes:

A new insurance agent. Look how many FMO's talk to us, we could never talk to our clients the same way. We have way more regulation too. Just my 2 cents.

If the prospective client is financially established and the new agent is not, perhaps the prospective client would turn out to be the easier sale.

I heard this a looooong time ago, "Once you've done all you need to do and "ask" for the sale...SHUT UP!!! The 1st person to speak loses".
My father-in-law told me that when I got my first sales job when I was in my early 20's. Best piece of sales advice I've ever received.

Funny thing, though, to my knowledge he was never a salesman in the truest sense. But he used to own a service station back in the day when they still had mechanics. He had a lot of experience selling service & repairs that people need, but rarely want. Much tougher sale than anything I've ever done, IMO.

My father-in-law told me that when I got my first sales job when I was in my early 20's. Best piece of sales advice I've ever received.

Funny thing, though, to my knowledge he was never a salesman in the truest sense. But he used to own a service station back in the day when they still had mechanics. He had a lot of experience selling service & repairs that people need, but rarely want. Much tougher sale than anything I've ever done, IMO.
Trust, respect and reputation are all important in that type of "selling".

More likely into a remedial English class. It's prospective client, like in prospect, not perspective. :yes:

Thanks for the correction... as English is my second language I often make mistakes.

:fibs:

Mrs. Small, one of my many dearly loved and departed English teachers would be shaking her head right about now... I am sure she wondered how I ever earned my BA degree...

After taking Advanced English twice in college... it was easy. :laugh:

Back