Part B 1 month after A - alternative to CMS-40B?

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Prospect turns 65 this month. I helped him sign up for A-only a few months ago. He wasn't planning to retire for a while.

Called today, is retiring in two weeks and needs B in June.

No problem - CMS-40B seems like the main way to go. But, is there any quicker way for him? I'm assuming no... but want to check...

Prospect turns 65 this month. I helped him sign up for A-only a few months ago. He wasn't planning to retire for a while.

Called today, is retiring in two weeks and needs B in June.

No problem - CMS-40B seems like the main way to go. But, is there any quicker way for him? I'm assuming no... but want to check...
Unfortunately once the application for Part A only is submitted online there is no online enrollment for Part B only. At least none that I’ve found. I encourage my clients to drop the form off rather than mail it unless they are nowhere near an SSA office. It just seems to go faster when it’s handed in. No need to sit with a clerk or make an appointment. Some SSA offices have a drop box for forms and others have a clerk they can hand documents to.

Unfortunately once the application for Part A only is submitted online there is no online enrollment for Part B only. At least none that I’ve found. I encourage my clients to drop the form off rather than mail it unless they are nowhere near an SSA office. It just seems to go faster when it’s handed in. No need to sit with a clerk or make an appointment. Some SSA offices have a drop box for forms and others have a clerk they can hand documents to.

We need a better mousetrap.

Back