Part D $2000 MOOP

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi everyone - I am having a discussion with one of my upline managers about this topic and I would like your opinion: I watched a UHC training video on how the $2000 Part D MOOP is calculated. The video said that the $2000 is calculated by taking the TOTAL of what the client pays (deductible + copays) PLUS what the Part D plan pays. When this combined total equals $2000, the MOOP is reached and the client doesn't pay anything else the remainder of the year. I have watched the video several times and I am certain that this is what they are saying. Is this your understanding too?

For the $2000 MOOP thing, I totally agree with you: it can really get a bit out of hand. To the best of my knowledge, the $2000 only represents amounts that a client pays directly, such as the deducible and co payment among other things other than the plan. So if they spend this much, they do not have to spend a penny more for the rest of the year, at least not while on business. It seems like the video could have given a little different view on it. I think that maybe talking it over with your upline manager could assist in clearing it up!

For the $2000 MOOP thing, I totally agree with you: it can really get a bit out of hand. To the best of my knowledge, the $2000 only represents amounts that a client pays directly, such as the deducible and co payment among other things other than the plan. So if they spend this much, they do not have to spend a penny more for the rest of the year, at least not while on business. It seems like the video could have given a little different view on it. I think that maybe talking it over with your upline manager could assist in clearing it up!

Incorrect, it includes payments made on their behalf as well.

Back