gi when moving from a non standardized supp state?

keith365

Super Genius
I have a prospect moving from Massachusetts ( a non standardized medicare supplement state) to Florida. Would that create a gi situation into a Florida supp? I spoke with an ins. company and they said they didn't "think' so.

I have a prospect moving from Massachusetts ( a non standardized medicare supplement state) to Florida. Would that create a gi situation into a Florida supp? I spoke with an ins. company and they said they didn't "think' so.
They aren't losing their coverage with their supplement by moving out of state so no GI.
If they had a MA MAPD they would automatically be dropped if they moved out of coverage area. 2 similar events , but completely different set of rules.

That’s a good question! Since your prospect is moving from a non-standardized state like Massachusetts to Florida, they shouldn’t have any GI issues with their Medicare supplement. As Millwood mentioned, they’re keeping their coverage, so they’re in the clear. Just make sure they check out the Florida plans to see what options are available.

Back